cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reduction in points today

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I am actively participating SCN from Aug/Sep of last year. Today found there was a sudden reduction of 15 points from my account.I am aware of about the year end of refresh of points. Was there any such refresh. Just wanted to confirm.

Thanks a lot for your help in advance.

Regards

Dhilipan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It looks like you've been a member since 2011.  I'm guessing the points that were reduced where gained during the 2012 timespan.  The new gamification system will address the problem of revolving points and you should also be looking at your lifetime points which will NOT be reduced unless, as already stated, a moderator were to find something wrong with your content.

Also, an OP or moderator  can change an answer marked as correct to helpful or even unmark if I am not mistaken so that might have happened as better responses are added .

Try to stay focused on the positive side.   I would look at your reputation from the perspective of overall credibility and participation and not to just focus on those"15" points. Most of us are motivated toward new goals for achievement and improving ourselves so I know it can be frustrating to see that drop.  Happy to say that in the new reputation system that will not be an issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Marilyn

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Just moved this discussion moved from Coffee Corner to SCN Support, where there are already several threads dealing with the same.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So Dhilipan you are contributing for points only . Just kidding man. It happens some time even when some user award you points and moderator feels this is not ok and you have been awarded points on some basic question. Then moderator can remove your points without intimating you. So check your reputation tab in your profile. It happened with me a couple of times and even in one thread moderator didnt let OP award me points and that was not basic questions. I was declared guilty to give training to OP. Strange

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moazzam,

Thanks a lot for your response.. No not at all.. Not just for points . But its kind of boost for me. I did try to check in reputation. but don't find any reduction in points .

So, i believe 15 points which were reduced were accumulated before Feb,2012.

Anyways, let me try to gain those

Have a great weekend..

Regards

Dhilipan