cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

white interactiveform when displaying pdf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Expters,

i read a lot of here in this Forum how to get my otf-data displayed as pdf in a view.

i think my code isn't wrong, because, when i start the display-dialogue my view opens with that White interactive form. at the bottom of my browser i can choose "open" or "save" my document. when i say "open" the document is getting displayed in apdf-viewer correctly. because of this, i'm sure my codes works for creating the pdf and so it should have been shown in my interactive form.

But there is noting, just a white place with nothing in it.

Has anyone an idea why my interactive form doesn't Show the pdf?

pdf-source is set, and the context-attribute is not empty.

I also had the idea that this happens, because my interactive form has it's own view, shown in an ohne window within my webdynpro application. i changed that issue, so the the view is shown in my main-window. but this also changes nothing to the white InteractiveForm.

Please anyone help?

Best regards and a have a nice Weekend,

Mathias

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member211591
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mathias,

just some guesses:

- maybe the interface of your interactive form doesn't fit to your WDA context

- sometimes special characters (like $%&/§(")!~) make problems

BR

ismail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ismail,

what do you mean with "Interface"? do i have to use any extra Interface Controller?!

such Special characters i only use within my Smartform for my variables. could that be a Problem too?

regards,

Mathias

EDIT: i just found the mistake: on my Computer, there's no Adobe Reader, just another program for pdf viewing.

thanks for your help anyway!

former_member211591
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mathias,

forget it with the interface.

It was for an another usecase. Namely, in our case we've got a WDA view in which u can edit some fields(abbr. SF). On click on a "Print" button you get the PDF displayed in a print-preview, in which values of SF are given out. In this case you need a connection between your WD view-context and the context of your PDF.

And also in this usecase, you can encounter problems with special characters, mainly in UIElement FormattedTextEdit.

BR

ismail

Answers (0)