cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clustered Primary site and non-clustered DR site.

former_member183829
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am having SAP ECC 6.0 installed on Failover cluster SQL 2008 / Win 2008.

This is two node cluster.

Customer also has DR setup. DR is non clustered environment.

For DR, customer has build a new server (in other domain) using system state of PRD server. (Via Cloning at storage level including C drive). Also, there are periodic tasks which will replicate data at storage level between PRD site and DR site.

Problem is we are not able to start SQL service on DR server. Event log points to clusterservice not being started on Windows.

It seems since SQL is installed on cluster (on PRD), it is not able to start on DR box(which is non-clustered).

Want to know your opinion and solution?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member205110
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Maybe you are trying to start the wrong service. Try to see if there is another service with the correct SID.

Also, it would be better if you can provide more details on the DR setup. Since DR is on stand alone setup its unlikely you will have to restart any clustered service. What Deepak said is also correct if have configired physical standby then your DR database should be mounted and not open.

You also need to check the listener & sqlnet.ora files on your DR server. Check the oracle trace file for more info.

Regards

former_member183829
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for reply.

To clarify, DR is on different network and hence starting it would not create any problem.

We are starting DR to check this solutions. Purpose is to check the same whether we can start SAP on DR or not.

@Imran: I am having SQL 2008 DB and not Oracle.

Also, I am not using any DB level log transfer for which you require DR DB is standby mode.

It is filesystem replication to copy data from primary site to DR site.

In nutshell, I am taking image at OS and storage level from clustered Primary site and restore this on DR site. (including registry)

Since, SQL is installed in clustered env on primary site it seems SQL is searching for cluster (service) also on DR site. and as mentioned DR site is not on cluster and hence does not have cluster service running.

I hope scenario is clear now.

Any pointer about how to start SQL on DR site here will be appreciated.

Thanks.

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Since its DR , your database should not be in active mode. Question here is why do you want to start DR database ?

Regards,

Deepak Kori