cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC call in Extended receiver determination, no exception in case target host not available

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am trying to do a simple RFC lookup (built-in function) in a message mapping (Graphical) for an extended receiver determination. (PI 7.11) That is working fine in case the target host is available but when the target host is not available it does not throw a mapping exception!! Because my target field is not required the mapping does finish well.

How can I take care my RFC lookup does throw an exception in case the target system is not reached?

Tested the following:

I adjusted the RFC com. channel so it cannot reach it target server and start testing the message mapping...

Testing the message mapping in ESB gives me an "information message" that the RFC cannot be performed and also the adapter monitor gives info that there is something wrong reaching the target system. Somehow my mapping is not affected while I would be nice when it gets an retry-able exception.

When I run my mapping on TEST tab it runs fine and delivers an empty result field.

Kind regards,

Michel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michel,

You can use UDF to throw exception. Just take the Output of the RFC Lookup Response as a input to UDF and check whether its empty / has value. If it does not have value, you can throw exception. Please find the below blog:

http://scn.sap.com/people/alessandro.guarneri/blog/2006/01/26/throwing-smart-exceptions-in-xi-graphi...

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

gagandeep_batra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

try to get the output of lookup to udf and raise exception in udf..

Regrds

gagan