cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Outbound connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello George,

I am going through your blog about Java inbound and outbound connection.

I am at the following stage:

1. SM59 rfc destinations working fine

2. Inbound connections working fine, able to call BAPI in CRM.

3. Created same Program ID in Visual Admin in portal as well.

4. When i try to run the abap code that has been provided in the bolg i get the error as 'bean STFC_CONECTION not found' what could be the reason?

I am running listner from my command prompt on local machine. Is it required to run it on server, I have tried it that way also but it doesn't worked.

Please help in this regards.

Thanks in advance

Kedar Kulkarni

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Kedar!

I think you' re talking about using EJBs via Outbound RFC from R/3. As far as I can remember the EJB you use must be registered in JNDI under the same name as the function module you' re calling in R/3.

Regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.

No I am running a standalone listner.

But what you said might be correct, so Please tell me how can we register the program name in JNDI.

Waiting for reply

Kedar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Kedar!

To prove the assumption simply change the Beans name via Visual Administrator - select your Bean in the EJB container, open its properties and change its name in the appropriate field.

If we were right, change the name in the <ejb-name> field of your Projects ejb-j2ee-engine.xml deployment descriptor and redeploy it.

Regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for inputs.

But I am not using any bean project or EJB.

I am using simple java code for listener, and trying to access it from ABAP.

That time I am getting the error as 'bean STFC_CONNECTION not found'. On different forum threads I found that this situation is due to 'bean not Registered' in JNDI, so what could be done?

Kedar

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, if you' re using standalone JCO, have a look at <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/09/c88442a07b0e53e10000000a155106/frameset.htm">SAP JCo Server Programming</a>.

Regards,

Thomas

PS: I thought you' re using the JCo RFC Provider Service of the J2EE Engine, explained <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/6a/82343ecc7f892ee10000000a114084/frameset.htm">here</a>.

Answers (0)