cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excise Invoice Tab while doing MIGO

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have 2 Queries.

Firstly I want to know what are the conditions that determine that whether Excise invoice Tab Should or should not appear while doing MIGO.

Secondly i.e my current issue. This excise invoice tab is coming in every MIGO irrespective of whether the good is Excisable or not. That is even if in the Tax procedure if I select a tax code that has no excise and I use a vendor whose details are not maintained in J1ID still that tab is coming. I have to select No excise entry and proceed with MIGO. I want Excise tab to appear only when there is Excise Duty in Tax code. Can any 1 please suggest.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187965
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Excise tab in MIGO appears in following cases,

1) Material excise details maintained in J1ID

2) Movement type is maintained for the register type

It doesn't depends on the tax code and vendor entered in PO. In your case, you are getting excise tab in MIGO because you have maintained that materials in J1ID.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please tell what should i maintain against Material and Chapter ID so that it should not be excisable or Should i remove the material from J1ID if its non excisable

former_member187965
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If material is non-excisable then do not maintain it in J1ID. J1ID is to be maintained only for excisable materials.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ajitkumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in addition to above all you need to checkmark  'post EI in migo' in customizing of excise group to get excise tabs in MIGO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Excise tab is nothing to do with tax code. This tab appear only when you maintain all details in J1id for material i.e material & chapter ID combination,

It is correct to have excise tab & choose no excise entry as material is excisable you may procure it from excisable vendor or non excisable vendor as per business decision.

I would suggest If your vendor is non excisable also pls maintain lst cst no in cin detail although it doesn’t affect excise tab. It require in further application of finance taxations.

Regards

Gadgil D.R.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

the triggering of Excise Invoice tab in MIGO is through J1ID only.

If you maintain material and chaper ID combination for plant, it will trigger Ex. Inv. tab in MIGO.

pls cross check J1ID data.

Regds,

Nilesh