cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Composer - Date Range

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi forum colleagues,

I am quite new to Visual Composer and have been exploring a bit myself but was about to get my expertise to the next level. I found this very interesting dasboard blog of which I used the 'Processes Per Day' dasboard.

http://scn.sap.com/people/radostina.kasova/blog/2010/03/16/6-sample-sap-netweaver-bpm-720-dashboards...

SAP NW BPM - Visual Composer Model – Processes per Day Dashboard.

Something I found very interesting is the date range option, something I did not manage to do myself. So I was looking for the logic in this model.

Problem: However, when I deploy my model, I am unable to enter a time interval. I purely used the model as it was provided and did not change anything. I have tried all different time formats (MM.DD.YYYY; DD/MM/YYY;etc.) but following error message always occurs:

Exception at BI Runtimecom.sap.bpem.bi.bics.relational.exception.BPMProviderRuntimeException: Error: com.sap.ip.bi.sdk.exception.BIResourceException: Query execution failed

I have also tried adding a 'DATE' field and then converting the START_TIME_D into =DSTR(@DATE1;"DD/MM/YYYY") but it does not seem to solve my issue.

Can anyone solve my problem please?

Many many thanks in advance,

Jan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

talia_gurevich
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Jan,

You should model the date range via the Syntax:

value3 - value4

Please see the documentation:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce72/helpdata/en/81/541300d14741b39057c8ab3be61f7a/frameset.htm

Thanks,

Talia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the documentation Talia,

I managed to filter for one date: e.g. 30.11.2011 - 30.11.2011 or 25.02.2013 - 25.02.2013 (this is the formatting I have to use) and also 30.11.2011 - 25.02.2013 works so great!

However, I see that my error was mainly because of randomly selecting but I have some errors for ranges. For example, I wanted to check for processes created in January & February but I should do this another way then.. (Filter for dates I guess)

Thanks,

Jan

Answers (0)