cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handling unit with storage location error during transfer order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guru

i am configured the the Handling Unit management with storage location. Iam getting error during transfer order.i thought configuration missing in HUM....i maintained the stock in RM19(Storage location)

for handling unit relevant storage location is RM20.. Nothing material stock has been maintained.

Kindly check the storage location and storage type..

With Regards

dinesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

Please check the storage type search strategy.  Or else get in LS24- Identify the storage type and bin with stock available and manually provide that in LT03 screen shown above.

Regards

Dhilipan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhilipan Sundarajan,

i understood the stock is available in the storage location....

i configured the handling unit management. i maintained the stock RM19 not RM20 Storage location

i am looking both FG Stock and Packing material stock should reduced in the storage location..

kindly help me to do the configuration.....

With regards

dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

Sorry. I am not sure, if i understood your problem.

But i believe what you are trying to do is not possible. Partner Sloc. is for different scenario. I feel, it doesn't play any role while you pick the delivery.

In fact, in the above screenshot of the Transfer order Sloc shown is RM20. you can't expect to reduce stock from RM19.

Once the HU is available in a HU managed sloc. Use Tcode HU02 .When you try to pack i.e, add some stock in the handling unit. A sloc transfer posting occurs which posts stock from the partner sloc- RM19(Not HU managed sloc).

Or if you try to remove the stock from existing HU i.e, unpack the existing HU-> Sloc transfer posting occurs and stock posted to partner sloc- RM19.

Please check below links

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/c1/416a55de2a11d3b4ff006094b9b9dd/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/2d/584bc8a70f11d2b44e006094b9b9dd/content.htm

Please try the above steps and share the outcome. Let's see if we have some more inputs from others.

Regards

Dhilipan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

thanks for your response.....i will try

with regards

dinesh

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
In fact, in the above screenshot of the Transfer order Sloc shown is RM20. you can't expect to reduce stock from RM19.

As far as I can see that is indeed what happens, but I disagree when you say "you can't expect to reduce stock"'. Why, if RM19 is defined as partner location? If I make that configuration I'm basically saying that from a physical standpoint they are one and the same.

If they are one and the same, then it makes perfect sense to pick from BINs in either RM20 or RM19. Of course I would need to create an SU before confirmation to 916 (since RM20 is HU managed) but from a bin determination standpoint it makes absolutely no sense to ignore RM19.

From an SD perspective, in order to keep the 601 mvt from RM20, WM could just make the automatic transfer to RM20 during the removal TO confirmation.

Answers (0)