cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MySQL on Localhost Connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have recently been trying to create an MBO by connecting to MySQL database.

And when I select any of these no Schemas show up. What am I doing wrong here? Even when I tried to create an MBO using the "New Generic JDBC" connection that you can see. I get the following error when trying to execute a command.

Any help on these accounts would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

tahir_z
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aashish,

Have you placed the sqljdbc4.jar to the server path : <UnwiredPlatform_InstallDir>\Servers\UnwiredServer\lib\3rdparty\     after that you should re-start the server.

place it also to the mobilesdk path
<UnwiredPlatform_InstallDir>\MobileSDK213\Unwired_WorkSpace\Eclipse\sybase_workspace\mobile\eclipse\plugins\com.sybase.uep.com.sqlserver_2.1.3.201207271225 - retstart eclipse

Check sql user grants if you have role to read and right.

Regards

Tahir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tahir,

Thanks for your reply. I had done that before I posted the question but I also re-did those steps just in case. The problem still persists. I had originally referred to this thread:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3189850

and had followed everything I could in there.

However, the problem is maybe because I am using a MySQL Server for this the ping never succeeds when I use this sqljdbc4.jar file. But when I used mysql-connector-java-3.0.17-ga-bin.jar file the ping succeeded.

So the problem that I originally posted starts from here that I am able to connect to my MySQL server and see the databases in the Enterprise Explorer but am unable to retrieve the details of the databases. Also, I should probably mention that currently for the test project I am running MySQL on my machine.

So, is there something I need to do differently?

Regards,

Aashish

tahir_z
Contributor
0 Kudos

If you ping succesfully then connection seems ok. But check your user grants if it has read or access right on databases.

regards

Tahir