cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kernel?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My MOPZ is giving me different kerenels for different systems ( i have ecc, netweaver portal, scm, crm, BW).. Can I use the same Kernel for all the systems? for eg: 402 Kernel for all systems? Any inputs

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

First time I hear of 402 Kernel. Looks to me like you shouldn't be working on replacing SAP components. Can you for ask a basis person to help you?

Of course you shouldn't, you should use the one that is supported for the SAP product (incl. version) in question. Just take what MOPZ suggests, I'm sure it will be a safer choice then you trying to figure it out for yourself what kernel to use.

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

Yes , you can go for it. I am to doing a upgrade which is showing kernel release 720 patch 402 .

There is no issue in applying the kernel.

It is the latest kernel available on serveice market place.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. Can I apply the same kernel for all the systems, regardless of the MOPZ calculations? I think, there is a note which talks about downward compatibility etc., and is possible to have the same kernel for all systems. Have anyone done this? Any references, notes?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jim

720 is a downward-compatible kernel. You can apply it to systems with release 7.0 , 7,01 , 7.10 , 7.11 .

Please refer this note it has all the details required to apply this kernel.

Note 1636252 - Installing a 7.20 kernel in SAP Web AS 7.00/7.01/7.10/7.11

Regards

Amit Padmawar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Amit. Let me check this note and will revert.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all of you!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member205110
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jim

402 is the latest kernel for 7.20 and its always better to always follow latest release -1 strategy. So i would advise you to go for kernel 300 and to your query I would say you follow MOPZ recommendation as even if you apply the same kernel to all system or you apply the respective kernel it will not be much of the difference in terms of the effort or time. But the implications of any wrong kernel update could prove to be time consuming & difficult task.

Regards