cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ukraine and travel expense form

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am told there is a mandatory form that needs to be used to report travel expenses.   It needs to be printed and signed by the approving manager and is a different format than what we currently use for other countries, using data from BSEG which means the trip has been posted.   The report format I have been given looks to be extremely complex so I'm looking to see how others have implemented this process and what did you use to create the form (smartforms, adobe, other). 

Thanks,

Sandra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lukas,

Yes we have taken the SAP standard travel form ptrv_expense_form and customized it for our purposes for our Travel Expense solution.  This is linked to the trip and is used for managers to view the trip prior to approval.  

This new requirement contains data from BSEG which I believe means it has been settled and an FI document has been created which is after the approval process so does not appear that the ptrv_expense_form is a good starting place. 

Since I am told this is a legal requirement I was hoping others that had implemented Travel Expense for Ukraine may have a good starting place - perhaps a form we haven't found that is SAPs response to this legal requirement or something that is close.  

Regards,

Sandra

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandra,

This is what I understood now: You need some kind of reporting form of the data basis from BSEG, i.e. after the posting run of the trip. Did I understand this correctly? As far as I know, there is no such form specifically for TRV in SAP Standard.

Ptrv_expense_form has nothing to do with stuff from FI, it's the mere data basis from the PCL1-TE Cluster, you don't have access to data from BSEG here. Furthermore, you don't have the possibility in Adobe Form to freely code and select for additional data (which you can do in smartforms) so you are restricted to the databasis the interface of the form dictates.

Can you explicitely phrase your legal requirement here? Maybe the technical goal you contemplated isn't the only approach available...unless your legal requirement explicitely says "You need a form that represents specific travel data from Table BSEG" but I doubt that. So maybe if the functional requirement is more clear I can give you another idea for a technical realization.

Cheers, Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lukas,

Yes that is exactly my situation.  You pretty much answered my original question and that is -  such a report does not exist as a SAP standard solution.   I need to do more investigations on this and ask more questions, I don't expect you to spend any amount of time telling me alternatives as I'm sure we can figure that out.   Here are a few fields that are on the list of requirements: accounting info BKPF-budat, bseg-dmbtr, bseg-shkzg=h, bseg-hkont, skb1-altkt.  Other information for the header comes from PA0001, ADRC, , t001z, hrp1000, lfb1, lfa1, then for the trip info ptrv, t706b5  and so on and so forth.

Regards,

Sandra

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sandra McCright wrote:

Lukas,

Yes that is exactly my situation.  You pretty much answered my original question and that is -  such a report does not exist as a SAP standard solution.   I need to do more investigations on this and ask more questions, I don't expect you to spend any amount of time telling me alternatives as I'm sure we can figure that out.   Here are a few fields that are on the list of requirements: accounting info BKPF-budat, bseg-dmbtr, bseg-shkzg=h, bseg-hkont, skb1-altkt.  Other information for the header comes from PA0001, ADRC, , t001z, hrp1000, lfb1, lfa1, then for the trip info ptrv, t706b5  and so on and so forth.

Regards,

Sandra

Phew... the "easiest", in my opinion, would be coding your own Report/WDA with a custom SFP-Interface and a custom Adobe Form for that matter. This would be a lot of work but it would be cleaner and more solid than integrating such a function into the standard with means of modifications and enhancements.

Anyway, glad I could be of a little help. Would be nice if you could get back here and report what approach you will ultimately use after you are done with your information-retrieval

Cheers, Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lukas,

Thanks for confirming what I was thinking we would need to do.   I'm not happy with the answer but it is good to know I was on the right track. 

I'll try to remember to update the post once we get it implemented or close to go live to let you know what we did. 

Sandra

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandra,

please be clear about what you want 😕

What I assume you want to know is which possibilities for print formats of Travel Requests/Plans/Expenses exist, am I correct? You have two options: old ABAP List or Adobe Forms. In my company we use the Adobe Forms (non-interactive) Transaction "SFP". We did a copy of the standard forms as described in IMG and manipulated the UI to our requirements.

Cheers, Lukas