Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Wily Introscope Agent

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

During basic Configuration, I am getting issue at Import Wily Introscope Agent step

1. Download the newest ISAGENT SCA from SAP Service Marketplace
    https://service.sap.com/SWDC -> Software Download -> Support Packages and Patches -> Browse our Download Catalogue -> SAP Technology Components -> SAP SOLUTION MANAGER ->SAP SOLUTION MANAGER 7.0 EhP1 -> Entry by Component -> Agents for managed Systems -> Wily Introscope Agent -> Wily Introscope ENTPR MGR YY -> OS independent -> SAPISEMYY_XX.SCA
  2. Deploy the SCA to the SAP Solution Manager Java Stack using the Software Deployment Manager (SDM).

as per above instruction, I have downloaded the

SAPISEM02_1-10007433.SAR

ISAGENT24P_1-10007435.SCA

ISAGENTSMD8SP01_00-10007435.SCA

Extenstio of SAPISEM02_1 is .SAR not the .SCA. so, How can I deploy this file with SDM.

How can proceed the step Import Wily Introscope Agent?

If you still required more info then please tell me.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAPISEM02_1 is a SAR archive since you unpack it with SAPCAR on the server where you want to install Enterprise Manager. You do not deploy it.

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Samuli,

thanks for reply,

Dear,

I have extracted the SAPISEM02_1-10007433.SAR and get the below files

installer.properties

introscope8.2.3.5windowsAMD64SAP.exe

Introscope is a exe file then how can I proceed the step Import Wily Introscope Agent.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

The installation procedure is described in the Wily Introscope 8 Setup Guide, see the attached link.

http://service.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700000827772011E.URL

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

please send me correct link because it not opening and web page have only this text.

/~sapidb/011000358700001995842008E

Regards,

Former Member
former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Samuli,

The step Import Wily Introscope Agent will be performed after the configuration of Introscope guide,

Deploy the SCA to the SAP Solution Manager Java Stack using the Software Deployment Manager (SDM).

how can I deploy the SCA with SDM and where is that SCA file. please send me link of this .SCA.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

The name of the SCA is already there in the guide page no 19, you can get the SCA in service.sap,com/swdc -> search for software downloads with the name and download it.

And you can deploy the SCA file using SDM with the help of BASIS administrators in your team.

even you google it for how to use SDM for software deploy, you will be getting some nice step by step guides.

Thanks

Jansi

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Jansi and others,

thanks for you reply.

the Current status of ISAGENT

File metadata directory ${SDM_ROOT}
NameISAGENT
Vendorsap.com
LocationSAP AG
Count8.1.0.0.20090904150832
Target System Name SapJ2EEEngine
Deployment IDISAGENT

would you tell me why any agent is not showing under show offline agents. please check the image.

what configuration I have to make for this. Please guide me because I Just work on solman.

Regards,

Message was edited by: M. Abdul Jamil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you executed step 3.1 "Configure CA Wily Introscope" of Basic Configuration? Please share the screenshot.

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Samuli,

thanks for reply,

Dear,

I did not find the step Configure CA Wily Introscope in Basic Configuration. I am sharing a screenshot of Basic Configuration.

FYI...I have Installed the Wily Introscope Version 8 software on window server 2008 but getting error(service is not starting) right now java version is :

C:\Users\SOLADM>java -version

java version "1.7.0_15"

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_15-b03)

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.7-b01, mixed mode)

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) "Configure CA Wily Introscope" is under Basic Configuration 5 "Landscape Data" tab for Solution Manager 7.0 EhP1.

2) Wily Introscope EM is using its own java (jre folder under <Introscope home> directory).

3) During configuration of Diagnostics Agent what connection option you use: SLD registration or Direct Solution Manager Registration?

Regards,

Roman

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi roman,

1) "Configure CA Wily Introscope" is under Basic Configuration 5 "Landscape Data" tab for Solution Manager 7.0 EhP1.

3) During configuration of Diagnostics Agent what connection option you use: SLD registration or Direct Solution Manager Registration?

how can i check the Diagnostics Agent is installed on my system?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) You need to provide Admin user with password as specified in Wily Introscope Em 8 installation guide.

2) Have you performed all steps as described in Diagnostics Agent Setup Guide? All required info in that guide.

Regards,

Roman

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Roman and Samuli,

there are number of links of Diagnostics Agent Setup guide. I have installed the SOLMAN 7 ehp 1 . so, please suggest me correct Diagnostic Agent guide link which for SOLMAN 7 ehp 1.

I checked the below guides but DIAGNOSTICS AGENT 7.3 is mentioned the links . may i install it on solman 7 ehp1.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SMSETUP/Diagnostics+Agents

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SMSETUP/Installation+of+SMD+Agent#InstallationofSMDAgent-Downlo...

SAP Note 1365123

here i observed that some snapshots are not matching and i hope it is due to updated form of solman because here I have installed the SOLMAN 7 ehp1 while snaps of SOLMAN 7.1 in above links.

like...

step 3.1 "Configure CA Wily Introscope" of Basic Configuration? 

the above path does not exist in basic Configuration and where is Configure CA Wily Introscope path is exist on solman 7 ehp1.

Regards,

Message was edited by: M. Abdul Jamil

Former Member
0 Kudos

FYI...I have Installed the Wily Introscope Version 8 software on window server 2008 but getting error(service is not starting) right now java version is :

You have to install couple of libraries, see SAP note 1588773 for details. After installing the libraries, the Windows service will function properly.

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1588773

Former Member
0 Kudos

there are number of links of Diagnostics Agent Setup guide. I have installed the SOLMAN 7 ehp 1 . so, please suggest me correct Diagnostic Agent guide link which for SOLMAN 7 ehp 1.

I checked the below guides but DIAGNOSTICS AGENT 7.3 is mentioned the links . may i install it on solman 7 ehp1.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SMSETUP/Diagnostics+Agents

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SMSETUP/Installation+of+SMD+Agent#InstallationofSMDAgent-Downlo...

SAP Note 1365123

It depends on your SAP Solution Manager version, managed system version and OS. See attachment AgentInstallationStrategy.zip in Note 1365123 - Installation of Diagnostics Agents

Regards,

Roman

Answers (0)