cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mixed Operation not possible in the storage type 250 in WM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

My client is asking for the Analyses on Error Message : Mixed Operation not possible in the outlet 425.Due to this error message I have checked the configuration and found that the storage type xxx not having mixed storage indicator in storage type definition in SPRO settings.so i have checked the selection(i mean i have selected the option) and informed by business user.they are asking for Root cause of the problem and what is the end results of selecting the mixed vin storage indicator.please help me  to get the exact and crisp answer for thier querry.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Lakshmi.V

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you please double click the message an tell the message number?

I actually do not believe that this message has anything to do with mixed storage, mixed operation is something different than mixed storage.

former_member639734
Participant
0 Kudos

Agreed.  I would expect message 486 "Storage type xxx in warehouse number xxx does not allow mixed storage".

This may be a custom message?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would assume a custom message too, but actually the same question was asked a couple weeks ago, and I dont really believe that 2 guys have actually the very same message text for a Z message.

Unfortunately the other one had never answered my question. Let's see if we get this time better response

former_member639734
Participant
0 Kudos

I see.  Although they look to be one and the same.  Same warehouse number (113) and same config on the storage type.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are probably right. Maybe brothers, both stop responding when they get asked do double click the message to post the message number. Lets see if a 3rd guy comes up with this screen shot on March 20

former_member639734
Participant
0 Kudos

Please detail the process.  Are they trying to confirm multiple materials to a single bin?  What movement type?

Mixed storage unchecked allows only one quant per storage bin.   

Mixed storage checked allows for multiple quants per storage bin

Mixed storage isn't a problem as long as your processes are designed around it.  However, don't get carried away and allow too many quants per bin.

Downfalls of allowing mixed storage

May compromise/eliminate/induce some the following:

• capacity checks
  • inventory methods - LX26, inv at first putaway
  • Dynamic cycle counting
  • More Open TOs on single bin - difficult to lock down (with high levels of mixed storage)
  • Database locks on destination bin (interfaces)
  • removal/placement strategies