cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel expense type as a meal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I need to customize a travel expense type. This travel expense type has to behave as a meal. The employee must be able to choose that for the list manually but It has to have a proposed and unmodifiable amount and  It has to pay taxes as a meals. This travel expense type must to be able compatible with normal meals.

The employee must be able to select the travel expense type and have to pay taxes as the same percentages as a meals.

Could anyone help me?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ruth,

The first step would be maintaining an expense type with expense category 'M' for meals. Whether the expense types is taxed or not can be controlled by the respective assignment to a dedicated wage type.

As far as I know, the system is issuing a warning in case you use both, a fixed rate AND a receipt for either per diem meals or accomodations, but it's only a warning (concerning your solicitude towards compatibility etc.).

So the last part of your requirement would have to be the fixed amount of the receipt that never changes. I experienced it to be quite annoying to create enhancements for FITE_VC_RECEIPTS, especially the table popin where the receipt items are held. I wouldn't force the amount in the WDA for the enduser, but rather let him enter here whatever he wants and do a postprocessing in SMOD enhancement FITR0003, Loop over the Receipts itab and modify each line that holds your specific expense type with the fixed amount you want it to have. This would be the technically most robust approach, even though it might be a bit confusing for the enduser.

Hope this helps you finding an approach

Cheers, Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

My problem is with the pay taxes. I need to asign a specific percentage like a meal and I don't know how, because at the same time I need to pay a normal meal and It isn't possible because if I customize the V_T706H with both meals (normal and travel expense type) the amounts are add.

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

V_T706H has nothing to do with receipts, so I don't understand what you mean with "both meals (normal and travel expense type)". In case you use per diem meals AND a receipt, of course you pay this expense kind of "twice" but I thought this is your goal....

Can you please provide your entire use-case with screenshots? I get the feeling I didn't untimately understand what you want yet ;-/

Cheers, Lukas