Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong IP in SLD

anvardheen_jabarullah
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

In our SLD for some systems it is showing wrong IP ,Don't know how to correct the IP in SLD when i tried to change the IP in LMDB it is changed again due to Incorrect data in SLD.

We have upgrade the Host agent to latest version and Uninstalled & Installed DAA but no luck.

Can some one say how to correct and from where this IP is supplied to SLD.

Regards,

-Anvar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

I had that problem in a MSCS Cluster 2008 environnement, where Diagnostics Agent didn't send good @IP of my clustered node to SLD.

First, you should check that with ipconfig /all command, it is the good ip address that is in the first position and not "Microsoft Failover Cluster Virtual Adapter" @IP. If it is not the case, change the position of "Microsoft Cluster Failover Adapter" with tool nvspbind that you can download from Microsoft portal.

In second time, add @ip of clustered nodes and virtual addresses in the etc/host file, on each clustered node.

Restart saphost and Diagnostic Agent services.

If it is not good enough, stop diag Agent, saphost agent and Instance services, and start them again.

Pascal

isaias_freitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Anvardheen,

Maybe the information at the SLD is incorrect, because the remote SAP system itself is picking the incorrect IP.

If you logon to the remote system, and access the menu path System -> Status, then click at the "Other kernel info." button, you'll see the IP address that SAP picked. If you see the incorrect IP there, this is the root cause for the SLD issue.

Then, please review the SAP notes 1033987 and 1365796.

Regards,

Isaías

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the below note and see whether it helps.

Note 1700074 - Kernel components SLD registration incorrect

Thanks and Regards,

Vimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can try to re-synchorize the information using the below link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm71_sp05/helpdata/en/f6/a41e0402664451b9c4640ff4513527/content.htm

anvardheen_jabarullah
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Maria,

Thanks for the Updates.

In My case the IP is wrong in SLD so it has to corrected first and then we can resync from SLD to LMDB.

I have checked the above nore#1700074 it does not say about OS releated data will that help in correcting the IP in SLD.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not a problem. Please take a backup and give a try.

As well as please check the link .

shriramcse
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Maria

One thing Myself and Anvar noted is this issue happened for Cluster servers alone and for remaining host it is fine.

Regards,

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If it's clustered one ensure the correct virtual IP is maintained rather than the host ip.

Regards

Mukunthan