Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 7.3 to PI 7.3 Connectivity Best Options

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

This is my ladscape.

for some interfaces mapping will be done @ Landscape A and for some @ B.

I am here trying to figure out which is the best way to connect the 2 PI system which are in different network.

I had raised a related thread http://scn.sap.com/thread/3310490 and came to know we can use XI adapter ( Thanks to Michal Krawczyk).

Other options are SOAP ( with HTTP/HTTPs) , AS2 ( rulled out since cost associated).

If you have worked in this kind of scenario can u please suggest

1) What is the complexity/advantage if XI adapter is used?

2)  How the connectivity will be established , any VPN connection required? ( can u pelase explain with an example?)

3) What is the complexity/advantage if SOAP adapter is used?

4)  How the connectivity will be established , any VPN connection required? ( can u pelase explain with an example?)

5) Is it better to use one SLD for both the PI or Seperate SLD is recommended

6) Similarly , can't we monitor/manage transports for  both the PI system from one Solution manager

thx

sam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can also try using simple SOAP adapter (receiver) on one system and  SOAP receiver on the second system for integrating two PI systems.  When it comes for SLD configuration, you don't need to worry about it.  because soap adapter uses only business component (it's only ID configurtation object).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bhaskar. Even i agree with ur approach.

Have you worked in this kind of scenario or its just theoretical.Actualy i have to propose this solution to client but i want to make sure this is correct approach and feasible.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I did not have chance to integrate two PI servers. But if you consider each system communicating via web service then there is no need of SLD configuration and dependencies except WSDL sharing and so. IMO, this would certainly work. I don't see any downside on this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baskar,

I have indeed understood the concpet

For  the first PI system, in receiver SOAP comm channel i will provide the URL of the 2nd WSDL so as soon as we trigger the interface message will reach to 2nd PI.

But i have to configure SLD for the  sender ECC (of Landsacpe A) and  receiver ECC of ( lansdcape B) right? My question is can i use a common SLD?

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

AEX is not having XI adapter so i guess  connection 2 PI system using XI adapter  is ruled out ( with consideration that one PI system is AEX). 

So seems like i have only one option - SOAP?

Your thoughts please.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your thoughts please?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

I have got an idea you can try.

create a HTTP connection in sender's system NWA for receiving PI system.

For client no. use "000"

use below url path.

http://host:port//XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?ximessage=true

you can use receiver soap adapter with message protocol XI3.0.

Let us know if this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any more inputs?

If someone have any good document please provide.

smavachee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Approach of using SOAP Adapter seems to be good one, but not sure about its practical outcome.

We have been tried the same with 7.0 >> 7.11 and 7.0 >> 7.0 but due to landscape complexity, it didn't worked out in both assignments. Rather we have been passed thru it using XI Adapter.

Keep posting outcome, using AEX. Wish you all d best.!

Regards,

Sunil

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Are these two PI systems share common Network System or not? If not, then not sure how they could share same SLD system.

No doubt Baskar's idea sounds promising to me if they do not belong to same landscape. In that case, you dont need to consider each other a PI system, rather different systems. For same space, you can also think about XI communication.

Former Member
0 Kudos

These are in diffrent data centres.

Why do you think we cannot have a common SLD?

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

You did not get my point correctly. If these two PI Servers reside in two different Network zones separated by Firewall and you are planning to communicate over Public Internet, that could create problem (Just my assumption, may be wrong ) to share the same SLD where PI has to reach its SLD over Secured Layer in a different netwrok.

In your case, though these are different Data Centres and location, may be company Network System is same. If you decide to go for XI Communication, you can check the below document of Bill. Just consider the SAP system as another PI (I think you have ABAP Stack).

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f0f4534c-0c3a-2f10-2fae-8db7587cd...

smavachee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Based on my experience, i would prefer to use XI adapter in scenario where you need to connect two SAP PI systems.

> VPN is not required.

> Single SLD is always recommended unless and until any business policies are conflicting.

For further steps, have a look at

Hope it helps.!

Regards,

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Thanks for ur advice.

My both PI system are AEX. So i cannot create RFC destination ( i guess) since its JAVA only. Any idea how to provide the connections then?

Would be great if you let me know the step by step approach.

gagandeep_batra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Check below thread for that:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3185292

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-3855

Regards

Gagan