Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter Selection in Data Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

BPC 10 NW EPM 10 sp13

I want to run a Data Manager package that has a selection on Category.  This is obviously straight forward, however I want to restrict the Categories shown to only the Budget Categories - defined by a property called Group with a member BUDGET so that the user can chose which Budget category or categories that he wants.

This can be done when the member selection is shown but that would mean the user having to set up the filter each time. 

Does anyone know how to get Data Manager to recognise the filter prior to the Memeber Selection screen being shown?

I have tried making a SELECT statement in the logic file but it doesn't recognise it,

Any help?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

This kind of filtering is not feasible. This can only be done through the member selector window while running the DM package.

Hope this helps.

bishwajit_das
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Though it is not possible to filter parameters in the promt while running Data Manager Package directly.

Yet, in BPC you have an option to run the Data Manager Package through a BPF where you can restrict the parameters with the context selection like CATEGORY as Budget.

In that case, all base members of 'Budget' CATEGORY will be available for user selection while running the Data Manager Package.

Wish this will suffice your issue..

Regards,

Bishwajit.

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Unfortunately it's not possible. None of PROMPT statement has filter parameter.

B.R. Vadim