cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow in SAP PS for Availability Control

former_member591922
Participant
0 Kudos

Can Anybody tell me the steps,which should be considered for Triggering of workflow which has been set on Availability control as a tolerance limit.

Client want mail in to the Outlook.Please suggest

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Karan,

You can go to following path to maintain Tolerance Limits

SPRO -> Project System -> Costs -> Budget -> Define Tolerance Limits

In the availability control action for your Budget profile you can maintain 2 which indicates Warning with Mail to Person responsible.

After those settings, you need to setup Person responsible and assign the User id of SAP to the person responsible in following config

SPRO -> Project System -> Structures -> Operative Structures -> WBS -> Specify Persons responsible for WBS Elements

There you have a field office user, in that field you have to mention the SAP User Id of the person responsible. This person responsible should also be entered on the WBS.

Regards

Tushar

former_member591922
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Tushar and Sara for your valuable answer....

but client requirement is mail to be triggered on Outlook...so do i have to develop a Custom developement(Z Developement)...Kindly suggest

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

with these settings the email is sent and you need to configure the 'out' of this email. Speak with your basis colleges for this.

Regards,

former_member384980
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Karan,

you have to do the required settings as tushar said, hen the mail will be triggered to inbox of person responsible inbox in Business workplace.

if you want to that should be forwarded automatically to outlook, then go to >BUSINESS WORKPLACE> SETTINGS > OFFICE SETTINGS >AUTO FORWARDING > GIVE THE DETAILS OF MAIL ID.

plz try and revert back.

Regards

Deepak

former_member591922
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar/Deepak,

I am gone through SPRO settings as suggested but office user name of person is coming blank.

I have checked table TCJ04 for same it is showing Number and name of person responsible although user name is coming blank....do i have to create SAP username for same or have to take help from BASIS memeber of team..

PLease Guide...

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You need configure the SAP user, people who will receive the emails ( person responsible of the project) has to have SAP user created in the system.

Their email should be configured in the SAP user.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karan,

Yes, if SAP under name is coming blank, then it needs to be created.

Take help from Basis/Security/User Admin team who is responsible for configuration of SAP user.

Regards

Tushar

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Karan try below path this will help you out.

SPRO -> Project System -> Structures -> Operative Structures -> WBS -> Specify Persons responsible for WBS Elements

There you have a field office user, in that field you have to mention the SAP User Id of the person responsible. This person responsible should also be entered on the WBS.

Regards

Siva.Bommina

former_member591922
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

thanks for the prompt and correct reply...

i have done the required settings and able to get mails in my sap inbox...but in SOST it is not even showing under waiting /pending....

in short i am not able to send to client mailbox..although basis person has confirmed that settings has been done...

Could anybody help me for same...

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Karan,

Could you  check the users (SU01) if he has completed the email address in communication information?

Regards

former_member591922
Participant
0 Kudos

I have checked the same..email is mentioned there...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karan,

Check Table ADR6 if correct mail address is maintained for specific personnel number.

Regards

Tushar

former_member384980
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Karan, now the mail is in your sap INBOX.

then there are 2 basic parts for mail forwarding.

1- you have to configure mail setup in your sap server through Tcode-"scot"  , this will be done by your basis administrator.

2- now the question is how your mail be forwarded frm your SAP server?

A- automatically

B. Manually

Both will be taken care by your basis administrator. so contact him. plz chk and revert bck.

Regards

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karan Varshney

You Must Maintain the person resposible  using t code OPS6 

in the office user you must maintain the SAP USER ID of the person who wants to receive the mail regarding Tolerance limit

there are Settings  to be done by basis team for processing mails from sap business work place to outlook

Hope your query is answered

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can configure in your Tolerance Limits activity 2 ( warning with email to the person responisble of the WBS)

Then you need :

- Configure Person responsibles ( table TCJ04) and enter in the WBS

- Configure Budget Tolerance with activity 2

Regards