cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Precondition Not Working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I need your help in precondition as the syntax what I have written does not seem to work properly.

My requirement is as below,

I have two characteristics Quantity and Turnaround

The values for quantity is 100, 250, 500, 1000, 2000, 2500, 3000, 4000, 5000, 6000, 7000, 8000, 9000 and 10000.

The values for turnaround is TAT1 (Same Day), TAT2 (Next Day), TAT3 (3 Days), TAT5 (5 Days).

If in configuration, turnaround is selected as TAT1, quantities above 5000 should disappear, and this is applicable only for 200225 and 103. For 101 it should not apply. Here the catch is that 101, 200225 and 103 belong to one product category and only one quantity characteristic is used, so we should use product codes also in the precondition.

What I have done is I have created a reference characteristic as Product_BC and assigned the applicable product codes as its values. These product codes will in turn be assigned under classification in the respective material masters. For example; Product has values 101, 200225 and 103 as its values and 101 has been checked in the material master of 101, so in the configuration 101 is preselected. The same applies for 200225 and 103 also.

My syntax is not working properly. Can somebody please consider these three characteristics and give me a syntax so that I can try the same.

Thanks and Regards

Adithya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Adithya Shekhar,

why dont you use Constraints to achive same.

you even have option to use tables for defining value conbinations and you can use restrictable characterstics with Constraints to build this restriction.

Check below link if

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/92/58d455417011d189ec0000e81ddfac/frameset.html

reply back if you need more information.

Thanks

Ritesh

kakshat
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Adithya,

At first glance, what you've done seems correct to me. Can you also post your precondition syntax?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar

Kindly find my syntax below

PRODUCT_BC <> ('103') AND PRODUCT_BC <> ('200225') AND NDF_TURNAROUND

<> ('TAT1').

The above syntax has been assigned to all the quantity values that should not appear in the configurator.

My requirement is that this precondition should trigger only for 103 and 20225 and not 101 and also only when turnaround is TAT1 and not when TAT2 or TAT3 or TAT5.

Kindly see if you can help me.

Thanks in advance

Adithya

kakshat
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I wonder if you should have an OR instead of the AND between the conditions. No?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kumar

I changed my syntax as below

PRODUCT_BC IN ('103', '200225') AND NDF_TURNAROUND IN ('TAT2', 'TAT3',

'TAT5').

It is working perfectly for 103 and 200225 but at the same time it is working for 101 also, which should not be the case. It should not work for 101.

Regards

Adithya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Adithya,

It is difficult to assess the issue with the details furnished.

However, just keep in mind that pre-conditions return the value if the dependency conditions are met.

Please write the dependency specifically to where you want to assign.

Dont make it generic.

Regards,

kakshat
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I don't think that's the right precondition. As per your latest precondition, a characteristic value would appear if PRODUCT_BC is either 103 or 200225 and NDT_TURNAORUND = TAT2 or TAT3 or TAT5.

Now, as per your requirement, you want quantities > 5000 to not appear if product code is either 103 or 200225 and tunraround = TAT1. That means your precondition should be to the following effect...

NOT ( IF product code = 200225 OR 103 AND turnaround = TAT1)

I am not sure if the NOT operator is allowed in preconditions. But, even if it is not, I guess you can easily convert it into a 'positive' condition.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Kumar,

I will sit on it again tomorrow and check. The syntax which you have suggested is also not working, even though it looks correct. I need to give it a thought a bit tomorrow and update you the status. Thanks for your support.

Regards

Adithya