cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using SAP QM & PM for Enviro monitoring for items like water, rooms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Have anyone used PM with QM to perform environmental & utility monitoring. If you need to perform few tests on a room ( functional area) or other objects like water at specific points (inspection points) , create a schedule so inspection lots are created to perform  the evaluation and record the result.

IF any one has taken this approach can you provide a detailed input of how you did this. If SAP has provided other tools to manage this then please provide the tool

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are several ways to do this.  You have already described it.

Set up a monitoring point as a piece of equipment.  Set up a daily calibration of this equipment in PM with the applicable testing characteristics. This can work well daily samples from water lines , tanks or smokestacks. 

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks FF for the response...when you say monitoring point you mean measuring points in the Equipment....Also are you aware if this approach is taken by any companies you worked...

I just want a a clarification if I need to take this route or look if SAP has provided any tool for EM/UM...thanks

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I used a version of it at client.  But it was more for monitoring points of a process. In that case we created a dummy material with an inspection interval of one day.  The recurring 09 was used to perform various inspections throughout the day.  Some every few hours, some twice a day, some once a day.  It was a big inspection plan.  We didn't utilize equipment in that case. We than produced run charts based on the task list characteristic.  But we were tracking waste water, various inline process samples, temperatures at various points around the plant.  We basically did everything in one inspection plan, rather than set up individual PM plans.  I know other consultants have used the PM approach in the past simply from postings here over the years.  But I wouldn't be able to give you a specific company name.

FF

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Best & simple approch is to design functional location & equipment master along with work center & then process/plan/monitor them through/like  cycle calibration.

Answers (0)