Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Business Explorer Login with Fire Fighter ID

former_member274402
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a question around SAP business explorer login via fire fighter.

We have connected our BI environment to the GRC10 application. We are running our current basis rule set on this environment and
had no problem on this but we have found that the FF_USER is able to login via the SAP Business Explorer.

Scenario: We understand the user can’t access certain functionality is you restrict the user but we have FF_USER that try and login
to this area and locking their accounts. We want to restrict them on this login capability via the business client.

Please advise how you guys manage this

Regards, Melvin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Melvin

I'm assuming FF_USER is the Firefighting account that someone is assigned to use FF?

How does the user know the password of the FF_USER to login directly to Business Explorer?

former_member274402
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your assumption is correct. They don’t know the password. They try and login in here and it locks the account we want GRC to behave in the same fashion as it behaves on the GUI.

Regards, Melvin

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

What are the steps that the person is doing for this to happen?

Are they doing the following

1. Accessing GRC FF cockpit (centralised) and going to the BI system under FF_USER

2. BI Session is open for user FF_USER and they launch RRMX?

Or, are they launching BeX directly and then trying to enter FF_USER and password which is causing it to lock?

Sorry, I'm a bit confused by the issue. You are saying that you discovered the FF_USER can login to Business Explorer via FF but at the same time saying they lock account due to password failure? Sorry, I don't have BI system connected to GRC to test interpretation.