cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial Number Status Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Experts,

The same material is assigned to 2 different plants. Example. US01 and US02 respectively. Now the Material with US01 has 3 Serial Numbers assigned to it.

The User has now created a Purchase ORder with the same material with Receiving Plant: US01 and Supplying Plant US02. and When tries to do the delivery with the US02 Plant in VL02N and when trying to assign the same 3 Serial Numbers ( the same one in US01), he is getting the below error.

** System Status EDEL is active ( EQU 1003586052)

Serial Number ( B238...) cannot be used here,

As I have checked the Equipment status in IE03, the Status is EDEL ESTO.

<subject edited & text removed: Priority Normalized>.Pl. help.

Br, Sara

Message was edited by: Jyoti Prakash

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sara,

Hope you understand, if your equipment status is EDEL, that means delivery doc is already assigned to the serial and not available for further processing in other docs. So, check your serial number history, use IQ03. Whether your serial required is already assigned to any other delivery doc. If that is the case, remove the assignment of serial number from the undesired delivery doc and assign it back to desired delivery doc. And reprocess.

Thanks, JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Can you please tel me how to remove the assignment of serial number from the delivery document?

I tried doing through IQ02 but it is giving the option to change and not to remove.

Pl.help.

Thanks in advance,

Br, Sara

former_member211462
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sara Siyana Sathak Ibrahim

To remove the assignment of the serial number from the delivery document , you got to first choose the serial number that was already assigned , tick the box next to the serial number and select the trash can button for deleting it .

Regards

JNM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagan,

I was able to tick the serial number in VL02N but there is no trash can button?

Why is it so?

Br, Sara

former_member211462
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sara Siyana Sathak Ibrahim

Did you do goods issue ? , if then this button will not appear .

Regards

JNM

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I hope you are not checking this on VL03N (Display). If so, then use VL02N and follow what JNM instructed.

FYI, if your serial number status is EDEL, then serial number is assigned to Delivery doc. Else, serial number for which PGI already done, then status will be ECUS.

Thanks, JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all. Its working fine.. I am able to delete the serial numbers from the delivery.

Br,Sara

Answers (0)