cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If a material is marked as Variant in Basic data 2 tab how can it be reversed meaning can we remove that check mark?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

If a material is marked as Variant in Basic data 2 tab how can it be reversed meaning can we remove that check mark?Please assist.

Thanks & Regards

Rajesh Pandey

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got the BOM Number:00141635, what is the nxt step pls?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to the CS02, enter this BOM number and delete the material from the BOM. After that, check the radio-button in the MM02 again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why is that once Variant box is checked it cannot be reversed?

Any alternative to remove this chk box apart from deleting BOM & Routing?

Please suggest.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a question about your screenshot: Did you only check the flag "Material is configurable" or did you also enter the material SCOUT100 in the field "Cross-plant CM" by accident?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Both - I checked check the flag "Material is configurable" and also entered the material SCOUT100 in the field "Cross-plant CM" by accident.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you also created a material variant by accident, then you are not in a good position. Apart from deleting and recreating the material or individual consulting there is no other solution in this case. (See Question 1 in the LO-VC WIKI FAQ)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. If no transactions has been made for this material, then block all dependencies related to it. Hope you havent created a config profile for the same.

2. If transaction are there but no config profile, you can continue to use this material even with the indicator.

3. Otherwise just block this material & create a new one, f you can.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you mark the material as configurable or did you create a material variant?

Former Member
0 Kudos

It was marked by mistake now unable to reverse it.Please assist.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think the marked indicator "Material is configurable" is greyed out, since the material is used in BOM's. Once you delete this material from all the BOM's where it is used you can uncheck this radio-button.

In the table MAST you can find the BOM number in the field STLNR, after you have entered the material number in the field MATNR.