cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

which FM stores Variant configuration in VA01 to DB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are looking for functional module which will save Variant Configuration data to database in VA01.

In VA01 tcode when we create variant configuration data for each line item level , it is stored in database with reference to some object ( VBAK-CUOBJ) . We can retrieve this data for each line item by using this instance number.

While debugging  VA01 when we tried  to save variant configuration data in each item level , first temporary instance is saved in database along with its related characteristic values. Later FM 'CUKO_CONFIGURATION_TO_DB'  converted this temporary instance to permanent instance and this unique number got stored in VBAK-CUOBJ field.

Can somebody help us to provide logic of FM which stores these config  characteristic values to temporary instance in database before assigning it to permanent instance?

Thanks,

Snehal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kakshat
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

HI Snehal,

Did you check function module CUXI_SET_SINGLE_CONFIGURATION?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akshat,

Thanks for your reply..

I am trying to use this FM followed by Commit work and i also tried use FM ‘CUCB_CONFIGURATION_TO_DB’ so that values which I am passing to FM will get stored for that instance .

But I am getting exception as well as values are not changing after commit.

I also referred this link http://scn.sap.com/thread/464477 for help but it is not solving my problem. Can you please elaborate more with some code snippet?

Your help is really appreciated.

Thanks

Snehal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akshat,

I corrected the program now and by using FM  CUXI_SET_SINGLE_CONFIGURATION , I am able to save config values to db now

Thanks for your reply..

Regards,

Snehal

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check :

VC_I_GET_ CONFIGURATION

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moved from SAP ERP SD Sales to SAP ERP PLM - Classification and Variant Configuration

G. Lakshmipathi