Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget Commitment Posting at SC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SRM Gurus,

I am in a dilemma for Budgeting in SRM.

There is a requirement wherein the SC should post a commitment in the back end. The scenario should work for both classic as well as extended classic. This can be activated using PS module as suggested by SAP but we are not deploying that. The other option is to create a PR in the back end for every SC using the FM BAPI_REQUISITION_CREATE. (Right now we are not considering the carts originating from SoCo) But this would mean that the PR should always be converted into a PO. Would the PO also post a commitment after the PR has posted or does only the PR post a commitment? Also how do I handle the deletion of a cart in SRM? How would a deletion remove the commitment posting?

Please suggest me any other means If you have thought of any.

Thanks 

Prasad.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

1. You can have  SC commitment for both classic as well as extended classic.

2. Deleting the document will reverse the  commitment posting.

But its a consulting solution available with SAP and not as part of SAP Standard.

Regards

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Ashok,

Can you explain more about this? Is this something which we have to activate? Standard functionality only does a real time FI check at the time of creating SC

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

As of SAP standard , It  supports a budget check but no commitments are posted for shopping carts.

You can explore this config option and read the document before activating the switch .

SRM Server  Cross-Application Basic Settings  Self-Service Procurement  Activate/Deactivate Budget Check for Shopping Cart

Regards

Ashok

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

I am little confuse with your question; You want to post Commitment when SC is created without PS (Project System)? Are you using Internal Order to track commitments or what? Please advise.

Thank you

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

Yes, I want to post commitment without PS. Yes we are using Internal Orders and Statistical Cost Centers linked to Internal Orders to track Budget. Can you suggest a way this can be achieved without PS?

Since PR posts a commitment from backend I was thinking of creating a PR for every Cart. But then how am I supposed to handle the deletion of a SC since that would require deleting the corresponding PR.

Regards,

Prasad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

Thank you for providing details... The functionality which you are looking is not available standard as Ashok mentioned... However you are thinking to create PR every time when SC is created does not seem to be good idea as well.

SAP Note # 900825 - Shopping cart commitment provide details of what exactly your case. I would recommend you to reach out to SAP with this Note and get further information about cost.  Cost will be based on your Client's SAP Partnership. The reason it is advisable to go with SAP if in future they will upgrade or provide any patch it will be supported.

Hope this helps.

Thank you

Ritesh