cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can namespace repeat in multiple software component

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to create same namespace in another software component but it is not allowing me to do so. I am getting following error

"Namespace http://aaabbbbcc is already defined in the software component version"

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes it can - it's just a warning message,

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michal, how can we efficiently copy all the objects from one software component to another software component with same namespace?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sohali,

Please check this link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/e8/e8573ba5f13048be50532fc3fcea9c/content.htm

You can do it with transfer design objects.

Regards,

Beena

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

tools - transfer design objects - form menu

as mentioned by Beena,

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am in PI 7.0 version so this option is not available, anything else? Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sohali,

This option is available from XI 3.0.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/93/a3a74046033913e10000000a155106/content.htm

check Release transfer.

Regards,

Beena

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the replies, I have been using release transfer but following error coming even though target namespace is created with same namespace as source.

Object abc | http://abc cannot be imported into software component version target_software , 1.0 of domain.com because it's namespace is not permitted there

Define the relevant namespaces in the target version before executing the release transfer   

What could be the error?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sohali,

You need to create namespace with same name in target SWCV and activate first and then transfer the objects.

However as mentioned while doing this transfer:

No new object versions are created during object transfer; instead, the current versions of the source SWCV are transferred to the target SWCV. This has the following consequences for repeated release transfers:

a)  Objects that were only developed further in the source SWCV are transferred to the target SWCV
b)  Objects that were only developed further in the target SWCV are not overwritten; release transfer does not apply to these objects
c)  Objects that were developed further in both SWCVs cause conflicts that must be resolved after the release transfer

I hope you have considered this before using this feature.

Regards,

Beena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Activating namespaces in target SWCV worked for me.

Appreciated. Thank you all. All problems resolved.

former_member184789
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Of course you can have  a namespace across multiple SWCV's. It just gives a warning, but I haven't seen any issue arising out of it. As far as transferring objects is concerned, the transfer design objects tool will help you in that. In fact when you do that,you can transfer all the ESR objects such as SI,MT,DT at once & the good thing is that when you do transfer, you need not assign the newly copied MT to the new SI, unlike when we do a plain copy object. The new service Interface will have the new message type and similarly the new message type will have the new data type.

anand_shankar10
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sohail,

SO by now you are already aware that you can create same namespace under different software components.

What I am assuming here is that you want to move the objects to different SWC and so u are trying to do that. But its not a good practice. It will lead to confusion in a long run when you are doing some handover to other team or support team. Though it can be found out by proper observation but better not to create such situation.

This is my person thinking!!!

Regards

Anand

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

1. if he wants to use a release transfer is save to assume that he will only be using the objects in the new namespace

2. sharing the same namespace is a very common practice - in case you do a split of objects per SWCV (ie mappings in one, DT,MT,SI in the other)

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

anand_shankar10
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

First of all thanks that you are reading the comments.

I just wrote my personal thoughts. I also know that its the SAP recommended way to create multiple namespaces for different set of objects to be created. But I meant to say that if he want to create same name spaces under different SWC it also might create a confusion for the others.

Moreover this forum is for healthy and fruitful discussions so thanks for your comments.

Regards

Anand

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

SAP recommended way to create multiple namespaces for different set of objects to be created

I didn't know this recommendation, in my opinon this way of development could be confused.

I usually share the same namespace between different SWC, i consider the namespace like the development class in the ABAP world, for example i can have a SWC with four scenarios dealing with posting issues and another SWC with compensation documents, but the two SWC share the "fi namespace".

Regards.