cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data from Contract not copied to External Activity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Facing an issue with the auto population of data from Contract in to external activity..

Created a contract and entered the same in the external activity outline agrement field,...while attempting to save the activity , system is prompting to enter the data like Purchase org,material group etc in the actvity while the same ia already entered in the Contract .System is failing to pick the data from Contract in to Ext activity..

Could some one suggest me where the disconnect is...

Regards

Judy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Judy,

In OPUU for Network profile that you are using , check settings of Externally processed activities in Activities Tab. Take help of MM consultant to check if all data is correctly maintained in Contact.

Regards

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar,

Thanks for your reply and i dont think anything to do with OPUU as i am defaulting anything from there except control key and all the other things will vary and hence  there is  no issue from an OPUU Perspective..

Before i approach MM Guys, is there anything that needs to be done in PS apart from OPUU ..!

Regards

Judy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Judy,

I don't think there is anything that needs to be done in PS. But still you can wait for other experts to comment.

Regards

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Judy,

try this thread which was already discussed in our fourm.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3264880

Thanks,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhakar ,

Thanks for your reply..and unfortunately the thread mentioned by you might not fit for us ...Actually in our scenario we dont use Purchase info record and added to that  we dont define any material at the begining either in the MM Master data or in the contract ...

In our scenario ..we create a contract in ME31 and use short text as the description ..this contract has got some value and other related Org data which needs  to be defaulted when we assign this contract to the external activity including the price ..and unfortunately  the external activity is not picking any values from the contract..

This was the issue..

Regards

Jud

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Judy,

To extract the data whatever you maintained in Contract management (ME31) will not pick up directly to PS external activity. For that you have to explore the exits in Contract management or develop custom programs. Check with tech team.

Thanks,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhakar ,

Thanks for your suggestion but SAP HELP suggests for an external activity in order to default the values including the price one of the option is entering the outline agrement(Contract) number in the external activity and this will inturn  default the Price,Purch.Org,Mat grp etc..

Another option is Entering the Purchase Info record (This option is not in our scope)..

Unfortunaely ,in our case , the system is not Pulling the data and hence seeking the experts help .

Developing the custom program is a last resort  ...

Regards

Judy