cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java future in Netweaver

0 Kudos

what is the future for Java Developer within SAP Netweaver framework? How much Java is used, which modules (EP and XI...)?

Edited by: anthony karta on Jan 11, 2008 11:04 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

EP

WebDynpro

XI

CAF

NW Web services / WS clients

MDM java APIs....

you name any NW component and Java will be used there some or the other ways..

to share my personal exp, even I joined NetWeaver domain from pure J2EE background and am currently working on a large XI implementation...lots of Java related work...:)

so if you are willing to...its gonna come your way!

HTH..

-- Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol Joshi/ Anil ,

I'm a sun certified Java Architect. I'm working in the J2ee/java core for last 10 years. I want to shift my career in the SAP Netweaver Platform.

I got trained in SAP PI and taking classes online SAP PI 7.0/ xi 3.0 right now. Good in J2ee and so more confident on Ejbs, Servlets, MVC, jsps and OOs etc. Also worked in Jboss and Weblogic for quite long time. Currently doing Web Services projects using open standards such as Apache Axis for last 2 years. Decent level Experience in SOAs, ESBs, XML, XSD and more.

SAP PI:

I have practiced ALE configurations, IDOC, RFC, SOAP, FILE, JMS, JDBC by myself. Good in Java Mapping.

SAP Netweaver App Server: Java application in Netweaver App Server

Downloaded trial version and practiced with NWDS by developing small applications using J2ee components such as jsps/controllers, Ejbs and DAOs for about 3 months. i'm comfortable on this.

I would like to get your suggestions for switching my career into SAP technical field. Please provide your suggestion in steps. I think you guys are the right person to tell about market situations and pros and cons of this.

Having little knowledge in ABAP and SAP BASIS too.

My contact number is 703 921 0020

can you provide your contact number and email IDs, Please? I'm also happy to discuss with you.

Thanks

Baskar Gopalakrishnan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anthony,

If you are satisfied with our answer's please give us points and also close the forum you have posted.

You can actually read the instructions on the top most page of the forum.

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anthony,

-->SAP Enterprise Portal unifies key information and applications to give users a single view that spans the enterprise. It allows you to take full advantage of all your information resources -- and maximize the return on your IT investments.

SAP Enterprise Portal provides a complete portal infrastructure, with robust knowledge-management and collaboration functionality.

-->SAP Web Dynpro is a framework for developing user interfaces for use with the SAP NetWeaver platform. It comes with design tools that are part of the NetWeaver developer studio, enabling developers to do most of the programming in a graphical or declarative manner. Web Dynpro applications can run on different platforms, including Java, ABAP, and .NET. Component-orientation supports reusability of user interfaces.

-->SAP Exchange Infrastructure (SAP XI) enables you to implement cross-system processes. It enables you to connect systems from different vendors (non-SAP and SAP) in different versions and implemented in different programming languages (Java, ABAP, and so on) to each other. SAP Exchange Infrastructure is based on an open architecture, uses open standards (in particular those from the XML and Java environments) and offers those services that are essential in a heterogeneous and complex system landscape.

-->The SAP Composite Application Framework (CAF) comprises design tools, methodologies, services and processes, an abstraction layer for objects, and user interface and process pattern libraries. Powerful service facilities help to build J2EE services from scratch or compose existing services into new and more powerful ones.

Even i am from J2EE background and have migrated from J2EE to SAP-EP.

A Java/J2EE developer can easily get into above mentioed technologies.

regards

Anil Dichpally

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anthony,

It may be "easy" to get into Netweaver with a J2EE background but I would argue that you will only be as good as anyone else with J2EE skills. To be better you need to get more SAP knowledge as I said in the other thread. As a lot of questions/answers in this forum show there are a lot of Java developers working with SAP technologies that know nothing of how teh backend SAP systems work.

There is a lot of Java based development work in the new Netweaver technologies from SAP but you have to consider the thousands of SAP customers who already have an existing SAP R/3 installation running. They will no doubt want to interface to these backend systems at some point and it is here where your knowledge could let you down.

Good luck

Gareth.