cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender file channel issue in production.

r_s_kulkarni11
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am facing the uncommon issue in PI production system, Our 2 sender file channels suddenly stopped polling the files from FTP server.

There was no issue with Cache and even these channels are working till yesterday and no one changed anything but I am not getting why these channels stoped

Polling files. We faced this issue 15 days back so I have copied the channels and created exactly same new channels. But as this issue is repeating over the time, my client wants me to find the permenant solution on this.Please advice me on this as every time creating new channels after the issue is not correct.

Please let me know as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

r_s_kulkarni11
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Thanks for the quick response. I just analyzed the system and found that lock was there and due to that the file was not getting picked up on the channels. Can anyone tell me how I can avoid these channels getting locked? I am reading above threads meanwhile.

Please let me know the permenant solution to this as I need to procide it to the client.

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

This is a documented issue. Try searching through some SAP notes for more permanent solutions. One example is SAP Note 1687688.

Regards, Trevor

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahil,

some times due to large files processing might be the reason to lock the file adapter service.

please check the point number 21 in the below SAP note.

SAP Note:821267

Regards,

Naveen

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

r_s_kulkarni11
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

As the issue was with the Lock acquired on the channel, can I set the conncetion time out and the data conncetion I will change it to PASSIVE (currently it is active)

Another question I have is Can I set conncetion timeout to 600 Sec? If I have my poll interval as 240 seconds?

Please let me know as soon as possible.

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

You can. 600 Sec means 10 mins which I dont see any down point.

r_s_kulkarni11
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Nabendu,

Thanks for the quick reply so you mean to say Connection timeout for 600 Sec is fine even if I have poll interval of 240 sec (which is less than the connection timeout)

Also please let me know if these settings are fine enough for avoiding the lock situations on these channels? or Do I need to implement the  SAP Note 1687688.

I am currently on SAP PI 7.3 (dual stack)

anand_shankar10
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

I have faced such issue in past.

What I did was, I contacted Basis team and asked them to decrease the number of threads since the data frequency was very low and so it was getting timed out and I had to Stop and start the channel manually.

Thanks

Anand

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

This could be the issue either with lock or Timeout.

Check the below blog for Timeout: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/e3/94007075cae04f930cc4c034e411e1/content.htm

Also check for File adapter issues:

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2007/07/26/troubleshooting-the-file-adapter-...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please go through the below link for sol.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1932990

Regards

Venkat