cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive path for file storage

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have two queries with respect to path setting to archive file.

1. I have set the archive path in TCode: File under ARCHIVE_GLOBAL_PATH and scheduled the write job or the object FI_DOCUMNT from SARA.However the job got failed stating the path has to be set in ARCHIVE_GLOBAL_PATH_FI. There are many other such objects which prompted to set the path in their own special paths under FILE.While few didnot prompt for an additional archive path setting.

Could some one provide knowledge on how the archive paths are used and when to use ARCHIVE_GLOBAL_PATH and object specific Path.

2. Each time I change the path the system prompts me for a TR, from this I got a doubt?

a) it is prompting for a TR so can I use the same TR in production by creating a similar directory structure in production. Is this mandatory to follow because I am not sure if production security team will allow to open the system to update these paths?

b) If production security doesnot allow to open the system and if we are going to maintain a different path for storage in production what should be the approach we follow.

c) what are the best practices that you have followed when you implemented in your environments.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor

enter your archiving object in SARA, then click customizing

on the popup click Technical settings

in the next screen you can see on top the assigned Logical file name

leave this screen and click step File name client specific

find your logical file name and go into the detail

Now you can see the which logical path is assigned to this logical file

go back and execute file name and path client independent

find the logical file name, select it and click the folder assignment logical...

select your syntax group e.g. Unix and continue

in the next screen you assign the physical file to the logical path e.g.

/saparchiv/<SYSID>/<FILENAME>

the parameter SYSID is your system, so it is a specific different path that is used if you execute in production compared to an execution in QA system.

Hence you can use one customizing and transport it and you will separate your archiving files based on the system. no need to open the system for a change.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Check your technical settings under customization for each Object, Under the logical file name path specify your desired path which was created in the FILE tcode, so you can use the same path for all archiving objects.

2.All i can tell is just create the desired file path which is suitable for Production and transport it . I hope you wont get a chance to create or change directly in PRD.

With regards,

Tony.