cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying transaction Incident Template (IT Service Mgmt.) to transaction Incident (IT Service Management) is not maintained in Customizing

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am utilizing SAP WebClient with transaction type SMIN to create Service Desk Incidents. I have created a Template Incident within Webclient.

I want to create an Incident Message using a Incident Template that I have created. When I select Create--> Incident and then select the "New from Template" icon, I click on the template I have created, I receive the following message:

Copying transaction Incident Template (IT Service Mgmt.) to transaction Incident (IT Service Management) is not maintained in Customizing

What is the meaning/ method of fixing this error message?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Maheshie,

Go to tcode spro and search for Define Copying Control for Transaction Types.

Check if your source transaction type is maintained with target transaction type with copying routine ACT001.

BR,

SAPFan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I'm also facing the same issue of "Copying transaction Incident Template (IT Service Mgmt.) to transaction Incident (IT Service Management) is not maintained in Customizing" when trying to use an incident template which I created through CRM_UI--> INCIDENT MANAGEMENT--> Create incident template.

Kindly help me in resolving the issue

Regards

tej

Former Member
0 Kudos

tej,

I was able to solve my issue like SAPFan described above. In your case try making your incident template the source transaction type and the incident your target.

Transactions>Basic Settings>Coying Control for Business Transactions>Define Copying Control for Transaction Types.

Hope it helps!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

I can able to create incident templates both of ZMIT & SMIT...

I don't know why , If I search them using search -> incident templates.. I couldn't see any of them that I created earlier..

some config . got messed up..

Do you have any idea ?

Regards

Tej

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tej,

Have you checked your authorizations for those transaction types??

Jim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i assume you had issue with creation of template itself, you can get the hint here http://scn.sap.com/thread/3201182

and also make sure you added the all the using transaction types in DNO_CUST04, check the itsm configuration guide https://websmp207.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000514762011E for rechecking.

Please update

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

Creating the template is not the issue. I can create and save an Incident Template. However, when I attempt to use the created template when creating an Incident, I receive the above error message.

I have attached a screen shot of my screen in DNO_CUST04. I utilize transaction type YMI2 to create messages. I have attempted to use templates created through SMIT and YMIT (customer copy I created) with incidents created through YMI2 and receive the same error.

I have also attached a screen shot of profile details of YMIT. It is connected to all the same profiles as YMI2.

Is there another step I should take to ensure the copying of on transaction type to the other is "Maintained"?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

from your first screen shot of YMIT, make the template type check box as empty and try out.

It should work.

Please check and update.

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

Yes, I have made sure the Template Type checkbox is empty and I still receive the same error message when attempting to create a incident using an incident template. The error message states:

Copying transaction Incident Template (IT Service Mgmt.) to transaction Incident (IT Service Managem...

Thanks!

Maheshie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maheshie,

Have you found a solution to error message you receive? Our users receive similiar message when trying to create new opportunity from Sub-Opportunity assignment block.

Anyone else have an idea??

Thanks!!

Jim