cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Kernel Update - Instructions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I decided to open this thread in way to find some advices, concerns, in doing a SAP Kernel Update activity in a Solaris platform with Oracle DB (11.2g). I already did a lot of SAP Kernel Updates in other platforms, like Windows or Linux (RHEL) and now I need to update a SAP Kernel in Solaris platform. I would know if the process of doing this activity is the same like in Linux platforms, for instance, after the substitution/replacement of all kernel files to the new ones, is necessary to run (as 'root') the ./saproot.sh <SID> inside the /sapmnt/<SID>/exe path?!

Can you give more recommendations please?!

Thank you in advance,

samid

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Samid,

SAP kernel update process is same across all platforms. Only you need to take care of relevant binaries while downloading.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok Deepak Kori,

But can you confirm that is necessary make the adjustment of permissions after the replacement of kernel files with the commands (log on as user 'root'):

cd /sapmnt/<SID>/exe
./saproot.sh <SID>

Am I right?

BR,

samid

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Samid,

You have to execute the saproot.sh script to configure the ownership and permissions of some kernel files, including saposcol.

This is required for each kernel update on any SAP supported platform.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok Deepak Kori, thank you, tell me one more thing, that standard procedure of doing a kernel update is contemplated in some SAP guide or a sap note? (I only know the sap note 19466)

Thank you

samid

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Samid,

You are referring to very correct note on Kernel update.

Additionall information could be located on SAP help site. http://help.sap.com.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Answers (0)