cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NW CE 7.2 Heterogeneous system copy AIX-Linux problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, we're trying to do a NWCE7.2 heterogeneous system copy from AIX to Linux, but the Installation Master doesn't offer us any option to change the codepage nor the endianess of the target system at the time of database export, nor where to put the migration key at the time of import, so the result is that , when jload starts to insert into the tables, a "java.io.IOException: Data file seems to be in old format (no header) Use an earlier version of jload"

Also at the time of export doesn't offer to choose the type of system copy (homogeneous/heterogeneous)

Anyone has encountered the same problem? We know that at the time of export , it should ask for the target's system type...why is not like this in this case? How could we choose that?

thanks and BR

Mauri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What Installation Master are you using to conduct the System Copy? In case of CE since it is based on AS JAVA and anything with AS JAVA Export & Import is always used. Since you are first choosing the source system (AIX) and after the export the target system (Linux), the Installation Master automatically knows that it is a heterogenous process. It has been a while since I last migrated AS JAVA systems but unless I'm mistaken, a migration key is not required for AS JAVA, only AS ABAP. I do however wonder why you haven't seen the screen where the Installation Master asks you to confirm the endianess. Maybe you have chosen wrong source or target options or you are using the wrong Installation Master.

Former Member
0 Kudos
Hello, thanks for the help...we'd tried two dvds to do the export:
51040444_1 (NW CE Installation Master), and the sapinst that comes with 51040417 (folder ..\DATA_UNITS\CE720_IM_AIX_PPC64_ORA\sapinst), both in
Installations and Upgrades...Sap NW and Complementary Products...SAP NW CE...SAP NW CE 7.2
None offered to choose target system...I think we choosed the wrong installation master...but where's the good one?
thanks a lot for the help
BR
Mauri

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a special System Copy guide for NetWeaver CE 7.2. See the attached link. I can't provide you the correct installation media numbers since I do not have access to AIX nor Linux media. Looking at your message, you probably have located the correct media. You obviously need to sets of Installation Master and Kernel DVDs, one for AIX and one for Linux.

You first do the steps on the source system including the export, then you move to the target system and do the steps for the target system incl. import. You choose the Source and Target systems based on where you navigate in the SAPINST tree.

http://service.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700001448392009E.PDF