SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICA - ACH payments in IDOC format

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Experts,

I am trying to create ACH incoming payments in IDOC format (Message Type PAYEXT) using payment run FPY1. I worked on ACH DME file, but not familiar with IDoc structure file creation in FPY1. Could anyone give me an idea on how to approch this file creation. I am assuming we need to assign a custom FM in FQP3 (similar to DME File creation). Is that right?

ACH incoming payment method I am using here is configured as a 'Payment Order'. I will receive the Bank Statements in Idoc format (FINSTA). I need to process these Idocs and post them as payment lots in FICA. Any idea on this? Any suggestions/advices are highly appreciated.

Regards,

Ram.

4 REPLIES 4

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

I hope you are talking about two seperate payment processes-

(a) Using transaction FPY1 to create payments in IDOC format to be sent to bank\payment agencies from SAP for processing and debiting the customer account for utility payments.

(b) Processing the payment order sent by the Banks in the form of IDOCs by creating payment lots and posting them into SAP.

For the first requirement, you are right to state that you have to assign custom FMs against the payment medium format which would create IDOCS that can be sent to Banks.

I would recommend you to create a custom payment medium format for your requirement and create custom FM's by copying  from the standard ACH FM's.

You can use the message type FIDCC2 for the purpose of creating the IDOCs.

However, you have to set up an ALE distrbution model and have to to define Bank as a logical system, Create partner profile, Set up and RFC connection etc.

For the Second requirement, you can use the standard program,RBDAPP01 to process the IDOCs of message type (FINSTA).

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hello Amlan,

Thank you for your quick response. We have this requirement of creating payment order items in contract accounts by ACH payment method. This process will temporarily create payment order items and does not actually post the clearing documents unlike the normal case. Payment order items are cleared by the received bank statement file.

Outgoing ACH file is required to be a PAYEXT message type idoc file. I am trying to get the file in this format. Sure, ALE distribution model is taken care of.

I still have a question on processing Inbound FINSTA IDOCS. How does the program RBDAPP01 help here? Can we post the payment order lots in FICA by processing idocs in this program? Or does it create a file which needs further processing in FPB3? Please advice.

Regards,

Ram

0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

If you are using the standard message type FINSTA (Object type-BUS4499) for processing the IDOCS from the bank statements, then FM is IDOC_INPUT_FINSTA gets triggerred, which then post the application document in SAP by populating the tables FEBKO and FEBVW.

As far as I know, this FM doesnot create any payment order lot in SAP or that matter any file which will subsequently be processed by the program RFKKZE00 (Transaction-FPB3)

However,if your requirement is to create a payment order lot after processing the IDOCS, you can achieve this by creating a custom message type and assigning a custom FM which will process the IDOC data and based on Business requirment would create a file and will pass the file to the program RFKKZE00, which would create the payment order lot and process it in SAP.

So in that scenario, you will not be able to use the standard message type FINSTA, but have to use a customised version of the same and assign a  custom FM in WE57 against the new basic type and message type.

Hope it helps..

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Thanks Amlan, that definitely helps. Appreciate sharing information with me.

Regards,

Ram