cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outgoing Certificate of Analysis - production chain of multiple batches

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are creating outgoing Certificates of Analysis using the Result Origin and Specification Origin 03 for material from production chain.  In our process the certificate pulls inspection results from the semi-finished good onto the report for the finished good. 

I am facing a problem when using two batches of the semi-finished good in a single batch of the finished good.  The certificate is only displaying results for one of the batches of semi-finished good.

Does anyone know how to display results for both batches for semi-finished good?

Example:

HALB Z - Batch 1 (MIC 1, MIC 2, MIC 3)

HALB Z - Batch 2 (MIC 1, MIC 2, MIC 3)

used to produce

FERT Y - Batch 99

Certificate for FERT Y - Batch 99 currently displays only

HALB Z - Batch 1 MIC 1

HALB Z - Batch 1 MIC 2

HALB Z - Batch 1 MIC 3

Certificate should display

HALB Z - Batch 1 MIC 1

HALB Z - Batch 1 MIC 2

HALB Z - Batch 1 MIC 3

HALB Z - Batch 2 MIC 1

HALB Z - Batch 2 MIC 2

HALB Z - Batch 2 MIC 3

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor

It's not designed to work that way.  I believe it just takes the first batch it finds.  SAP otherwise can't figure out which batch results to use or how to combine them.  If you used 30 drums batch 1 and one drum of batch 2 do you really want to report batch 2 results?  If you used 20 of batch one and 20 of batch 2 should the results be average?  Are you blending liquids or making shirts from multiple rolls of fabric?  Out of the box SAP wouldn't know.

If you consistently have multiple batches used in a production you should probably transfer the quantities into a new blended batch, figure out the results for the blended batch and record them via an inspection lot.  Or maybe you can use batch derivation for figuring them out.

Batch derivation might also be a way to resolve your issue.  Use batch derivation and it's rules to copy the batch results forward onto the finished batch.  Than you can just report out the FG batch results.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response Fire Fighter.

Batch derivation seemed like a good solution until I ran into another problem that batch derivation does not seem to provide a solution for.

Please see the new thread I have opened for my new question.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3311602

As for displaying results for multiple component batches, I will reccommend your suggestion of reporting solely on FG results.  We may have to adjust process to sample every batch of FG, but that will provide a solution.

Answers (0)