cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to Save the Single Role

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I did all the configuration required for creating a single role in BRM.But when I try creating a role and try save the name it gives me the following error

"Role name xxxxx is invalid valid name is xxxx"

Please help me to correct this error .I have activated the role naming convention properly.

Regards

Pradeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Possibly let us know what the role name is and what you confirmation rules are. What SP are you on for GRC?

Consider if you have enforced adherence to naming convention and it does not match. Also, is the role a valid name to use in the customer name space (e.g. you haven called it SAP_XXXX*) - possibly try creating role directly in SAP system to test?

Also, SAP put out knowledge based article 1685431  - Error: Role name is Invalid <>.Valid name: <>

It's pretty much saying check your config

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colleen

Thanks for your reply.We have SP08 for GRC.

Like I have created a naming convention ZS_#_##_#0000_############### & I am trying to put my role name as ZS_M_FI_B0000_AP CLERK.

Now as per the note it says we have to give exact number of free characters else it won't work.But I tried all possibility and it is not working.

So please suggest how to achieve  my naming convention in BRM.

Regards

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Your Role name has a space, may be that is why it is giving error- ZS_M_FI_B0000_AP CLERK

Try to create the same name in pfcg , you will get error there too.

Regards,

Sabita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sabita

Thanks for your reply.But I tried all possible ways without space also  & it doesn't work.

Regards

Pradeep

former_member704195
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

If free space is at the last then you can skip the remaining charatcer, you need not to fill all of them.

Space is the problem...try ZS_M_FI_B0000_AP_CLERK

Regards,

Nidhi Mahajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nidhi

I already tried these combinations & it don't work .Also note 1685431  - Error: Role name is Invalid <>.Valid name mentions that number of characters mentioned in free text should match.But that is not possible always.Even I tried the same still it does not work.

Regards

Pradeep

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

HI Pradeep

I have played around with configuration. Please note I am on SP11

I have configured the following for single role (you might want to compare your configuration in SE16 table GRACNAMECONPOS for the field positions

SEQUENCE LENGTH ATTRIBUTE                                        STATIC_TEXT
0001 003STATIC_TEXT                                      ZS_
0002 001FREE_TEXT
0003 001STATIC_TEXT
0004 002FREE_TEXT
0005 001STATIC_TEXT
0006 001FREE_TEXT
0007 005STATIC_TEXT                                      0000_
0008 015FREE_TEXT

So, for all of the single underscore you will not see in the table. I did notice, in the IMG documentation SAP make this comment.

the configuration has 8 sequences and only two STATIC_TEXT would have values (ZS_ and 0000_). Possibly, you might have used the field BPROC for business process if that is your Finance value.

"Note about underscores: ABAP considers strings with only an underscore '_' as a space. When you enter an underscore '_' in the static text field and save the entry, it appears in the table as a space. In the Role Creation screen, the application converts spaces to underscores.

If you append a character to the underscore, ABAP displays both properly. For example, _A or A_ is displayed as is."

In doing this configuration, I successfully created the following role names

ZS_M_FI_B0000_APCLERK

ZS_M_FI_B0000_AP-CLERK

ZS_M_FI_B0000_AP_CLERK

The only failure was where there was a space "ZS_M_FI_B0000_AP CLERK" and in this case, I got error message:

Error: Role name not valid; use these characters only 'ABCDEFGHIJKLNMOPQRSTUVWXYZ_0123456789/&()*+,-.:;<>=?'

Space note allowed

I would recommend you verify your role naming convention. If this is still not working, raise a message with SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colleen

Thanks for your reply.I tried the same way you tried but still the same error.I think I need to raise a OSS message with SAP.

Regards

Pradeep