Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM Upd from 4.0 to 7

jay_b2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you please assist me with the below.

1) I suppose dual stacks were allowed in SRM 4.0. is that allowed for 7.0 as well ?

2) Can we do away by installing SRM components in EP system or under what circumstances / buz scenario do we need SRM Java Stack seperately ?

3) Some blogs mention that if we use NWBC, we will not need EP altogether ? If so, how would the functionality of SRM components that are originally planned for EP be given from ?

4) What sequence should the updates of MDM / PI / ECC / SRM happen ?

5) Apart from system backup, will I need to backup any specific things like RFC's, or supplier definitions or something ?

Thanks

Jayesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Basis Consultant,

>> You can install the EP and SRM in the same machine & with the Java Instance. I don't see any technical limitations with such a set up - but it is directly related to the load of the system & the risk for upgrades in future. This is to be decided at the Infrastructure level and does not limit any functionalities.

>> EP can homogenously show the interfaces from different applications like ERP, SRM, etc.., with features of single sign on etc., How ever if your business does not require EP at all - you can still go ahead without it and only using SAP SRM. SRM will have one URL to be used by users. SUS will have another different URL to be used by the suppliers. The Net weaver EP roles and authorizations are way better organized than the SAP roles and authorizations in the SRM system - I believe this will be the only item that you will be missing in your landscape if you go without EP. Just keep in mind that, SRM functionalities are functionalities in the SRM system only - EP is only a facilitator in terms of UI.

Thanks

jay_b2
Participant
0 Kudos

>> EP can homogenously show the interfaces from different applications like ERP, SRM, etc.., with features of single sign on etc., How ever if your business does not require EP at all - you can still go ahead without it and only using SAP SRM.

Suppose a project already has EP system, and existing SRM 4.0 dual stack (dual stack upgrades are allowed for existing systems); would you recommend upgrading to7.0 as dual stack or is it possible that upgrade be executed such that java stack is eliminated :-S

Is there any reason for having separate SRM java stack even if EP is there ? Is such setup required for some specific biz scenario you know in SRM ?

Former Member
0 Kudos