cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application server Response

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

i have installed the application server where it is showing 8 core and so that i have configured 32 work process in the application server for smlg i have created the Logon Group our load distribution is working fine,but the problem we are facing is only 8 to 10 users are switching to Application server.and load distribution shows the negative quality and some time that quality is going to -25000 even when 3 to 4 user is connected to application server .

Please let me know where we are facing the problem.

Thresold value set for application server 1000 and for main instance 1400 .

Regards

Rableen Khurana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rableen

I don't know to what extent you have already put effort into searching for relevant content but my first google search on the topic brings up:

https://scn.sap.com/thread/945786

That thread seems to have a lot of useful information in there that could potentially help you to identify the problem / change settings to tackle the issue you are experiencing.

Best regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Tom,

Thanks for your reply..

Please check in the note number 51789 and let me know what i have to do ,,,bcoz that note is having confusion.....

Rableen

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rableen

Basically it shows that you can change the values of ANSWER_TIME_WEIGHT_FACTOR and USER_AMOUNT_WEIGHT_FACTOR by editing SAP program RSRZLQVA.

In the SAP note, as an example they switch the values around

Answer time: old value 5 --> new value 1

User amount: old value 1 --> new value 5

Best regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tom but that i need to do in Application server or Main .

central instance server?????

Thanks

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rableen

That doesn't matter because you would be changing a program meaning it's a change on the database, both your central instance and application server would be using the same database.

It's not a parameter setting but a change in your ABAP coding so it's changing the mentioned program through SE38.

The change will require a development key as it's an adjustment of SAP standard code and you'll see this program pop-up in SPAU on the next maintenance run you do (when you decide to update the support package level of your SAP system). You'll need to check the coding difference each time that needs to be done and choose to keep the change or reset to standard (and possibly make a change again afterwards).

Best regards

Tom