cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buttons create travel request and create expenses not working in My trips and expenses

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

While clicking on create new travel request and new expense report from My trips and expenses throwing an error page not found.

I am able to use through normal links of create new request and expense report.

I searched the threads but not able to find the solution.

Please guide  me in this...

Thanks in advance

With regards,

Y.V.P.Deepak

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I remember this happening to me as well at the very beginning of our travel management tests for implementation. This error occured for me because I used Homepage Framework as navigation architecture and copied the original ressources in T7XSSSERRES to Z-Namespace (as it is originally recommended by SAP). However, after getting the same error you described, I debugged FITV_POWL_TRIPS and found out that the original Ressources from SAP are hardcoded in case of HPF usage.

So please check: Are you using HPF? If yes, are you using the original SAP Ressources or did you copy them into Z-Namespace? If you use Z-Ressources, try using the original ones from SAP instead (worked for me).

Cheers, Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

We are using HPF and standard resources for Travel.

If i am not wrong i placed the below mentioned PCD and parameters.

Resource Key: EMPLOYEE_TRAVEL_ALLMYTRIPS_SRV_12

Object name : FITV_POWL_TRIPS

URL parameter: SAP_FITV_EXIT_OP=CallAreaPage

PCD:

ROLES://portal_content/com.sap.pct/every_user/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.bp_folder/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.roles/

com.sap.pct.erp.ess.employee_self_service/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.employee_self_service/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.area_travel_expenses/

com.sap.pct.erp.ess.12.expenses

please help in this issue....

Thanks & regards,

Y.V.P.Deepak

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

please check the ressources the buttons on FITV_POWL_TRIPS point to, i.e. EMPLOYEE_TRAVEL_REQUEST_SRV_12, if you use standard only it should point to

"ROLES://portal_content/com.sap.pct/every_user/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.bp_folder/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.roles/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.employee_self_service/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.employee_self_service/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.area_travel_expenses/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.12.request"

If this looks good too, then recreate the error and go to NWA monitoring default trace. There should be a log describing what goes wrong.

Cheers, Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

while tracing i am getting the below mentioned error:

Error looking up url: portal_content/com.sap.pct/every_user/com.sap.pct.erp.common.bp_folder/com.sap.pct.erp.common.roles/com.sap.pct.erp.common.erp_common/com.sap.pct.erp.common.lpd_start_wd_abap

[EXCEPTION]

com.sapportals.portal.pcd.gl.PermissionControlException: Access denied (Object(s): portal_content/com.sap.pct/every_user/com.sap.pct.erp.common.bp_folder/com.sap.pct.erp.common.roles/com.sap.pct.erp.common.erp_common/com.sap.pct.erp.common.lpd_start_wd_abap)

regards,

Y.V.P.Deepak

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

your Navigation Framework is defaulting to Launchpad. Are you on EHP5 or even later? Did you by any chance activate Business Function HCM_ESS_WDA_1? It seems to me like you are using the new role of Business Package for ESS 1.50 WDA. In case this is true, this means you should be using Launchpad and not HPF.

Furthermore, your Portal Role doesn't have the respective nessecary assignment for enduser authority pcd:portal_content/every_user/general/eu_core_role.

Those are your two problems.

Cheers, Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

The issue was that for perimissions issue from portal end, our team working on that to give permissions for to work out the buttons in My trips and expenses.

If we apply administrator role for the user then all the buttons are working including the form display.

There by we confirmed that permissions are not assigned to the users.

Thanks a lot for the support provided, and sorry for the late reply.

Regards,

Y.V.P.Deepak

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

glad it worked out for you and thanks for the feedback

Cheers, Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

I am facing the same issue. But I am using NWBC instead of Portal.

What changes should I make to activate those 2 create buttons.

Regards,

Namsheed.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you get the error from Portal or back end? If through portal are all the iviews placed under the same workset in the same role?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan Thomas,

From portal i am getting the error while using the iview My trips and expenses.

And all the iviews are assigned in one workset as same as standard, means under Travel and Expenses with same role.

Regards,

Y.V.P.Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Could you try to run your application - FITV_POWL_TRIPS - from the backend either from SE80 or SE84 and check if the navigation works there?

Br Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan Thomas,

I checked in SE80 for the application first i got the error as exception:No user found.

Upon that i used the actual employee user , i am able to use those buttons from backend.

But i am able to use those buttons from Portal end.....

With Regards,

Y.V.P.Deepak.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No problem Former Member . I thought it would be something simple like that

Running the applications directly from back end is often a good way of eliminating number possible error sources 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan Thomas,

Sorry for the last updation .

I am not able to use those from portal end.

Regards,

Y.V.P.Deepak.