cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to Read the Element in Script

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Some of the text is not getting displayed in my script output. I debugged it and found out that its not reading some text element.

So where it might be the problem?

also only through the text elements script and driver program are connected.

Its some what tough in my case since we are using the copied version of standard SAP program..

So please suggest some way to trace it out

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you for all your answers....

I found out a simple way....where we can detect the elements through find(Binocular icon)...

I entered the element which i required and it navigated to the correct subroutine from the main program

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you for all your answers....

I found out a simple way....where we can detect the elements through find(Binocular icon)...

I entered the element which i required and it navigated to the correct subroutine from the main program

former_member225688
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat

You have a write_form in the drive programs and in the function module the elements are being called .

As in below example we are exporting element.

CALL FUNCTION 'WRITE_FORM'                                       "Calling Function WRITE_FORM
         EXPORTING
           element  = c_last_page                                       "Exporting Element Name
           function = c_set                                             "Exporting Function
           type     = c_body                                            "Exporting Type
           window   = c_main                                            "Exporting Window Name
         EXCEPTIONS
         element                        = 1
         function                       = 2
         type                           = 3
         unopened                       = 4
         unstarted                      = 5
         window                         = 6
         bad_pageformat_for_print       = 7
         spool_error                    = 8
         codepage                       = 9
         OTHERS                         = 10

former_member225688
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Please check the TAG COLOUMN. If you put /* in the Tag Coloumn it is taken as comment and it wont be displayed in output. Or it the particular text is under element /E then check that particular element is getting called.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Try using the text elements in upper case only and confirm that not extra spaces are there in the script editor while giving the text element.

I tried with upper case and it worked for me.

plz let me know if i missed anything.

Thanks

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Thanks for your reply. Here the problem is not about small or capital..

I am able to see some elements in Script but the same elements are not able to find out in my drivers program....since i am missing some text in the output i just want to check how to find out these elements in drivers program.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please elaborate your text elements with some pseudo code, so that I can get idea.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kendre,

Let me tell my requirement clearly..

There is a one issue where some of the text is not coming in the output though it is declared in  Text elements of Script.

I debugged my script and found out that the debugger was not passing through some of the text elements.

So i have taken the list of text elements which are not read and checked in driver program..

Strange thing is that i am not able to find out this text elements in the program..

But these missing text was coming previously it seems.

The driver program is copied version of standard purchase order print program SAPFM06P and this program contains many Perform statements and function Modules....

So how to crack this..