Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Runtime analysys missing from SAT

Syamkriz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Could you please let me know if Runtime analysys like the one given in below screenshot is possible in transaction code SAT?

By clicking evaluate button I use to get Runtime analsys in SE30 (screenshot given below), but in SAT this compact function is not available . So If  I need to determine weather the issue is with ABAP , Database or System I dont have any way to do it now using SAT.   I heard  that SAT is enhanced version of SE30 and probably SE30 will phase out, but this nice functionality goes away with SE30 ?

Thanks and Regards

Syam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Syam,

You can use ST12 in that case.It shows the graphs and if you want to  perform both the functions of SE30 and ST05. use ST12.

Regards

krishna

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

hendrik_brandes
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Syam,

try to use the "Profile"-View and play with the different options:

"Trace Results":

"Packages":

"Components":

By changing your profile variant, you will get more or less entries in your tree, so you can get a similar display - without the bar-chart 😉

Kind regards,

Hendrik

<psst> You can also access the old SE30 via the TCode S_E_3_0_OLD. But SAT is much more than a modern view over the trace information.

Syamkriz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hendrik ,

Actually I was breaking my head on profile view for quite sometime. How to tell from profile view if it is problem with "system" . I have a problem with peformance of VA02 transaction code. The following is the profile view i got. I went to different tabs like "Hit list" , "tabs" etc..but couldnt figure our if there is an issue with my disk I/O.  I had to depend on other transactions to do it. But with SE30 it was possible. For me right now , i am not authorized to use SE30 , I can use only SAT.

Profile view of tracing VA02

hendrik_brandes
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Syam,

perhaps, I do not understand your explaination right. But in the profile view, you see at top level, that you have a problem with DB-access / IO.

The advantage of using this tree is: You can swap between different views and see, that I is within your component/package, where a lot of time gets lost.

Kind regards,

Hendrik

Syamkriz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hendrik,

Yes you got it right. But it may be my misunderstanding with SE30. When SE30 shows the database time is more , I thought it is sure that there is a problem with DB input/output. But now I feel that It can be becasue the query is taking more time(expesive query like select *) to read the database than an acutal problem with database I/O. I think you are trying to tell me that the exact reason  can be detected using SAT , whereas it cannot be done by SE30.  Please correct me if I am wrong in understanding and please tell me which is true ? I know how to drill down and fetch the sql query in code which consumes more time - In SE30 does the time consumed by expensive query add to database time or abap time?

Thanks and Regard,

Syam