cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variant Config Characteristics Default Value with ORDCHG IDOC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have sales orders being created via IDOC ORDERS05 which have materials with variant config.  We have implemented OSS note 350407 "Default Value when creating with IDOC" which ensures the characteristic default values are entered onto the order when the characteristic value is not supplied in the IDOC.

We are now trying to change these orders via the ORDCHG IDOC.  In this case the default values and derived values do not seem to be picked up leaving the Sales order item configuration incomplete.

I have tried BADI CEI0_IDOC_DEFAULTS but this does not help.

Setting the values for the default characteristics in the IDOC populates the sales order but still gives an IDOC error of incomplete configuration.

Has anyone experience of using ORDCHG with Variant config and can offer advice ?

Many thanks

Paul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The more I read suggests Variant configuration change by IDOC is just not supported.

I know Variant Configuration is not well used, but wonder if anyone has tried this anywhere before I go down a bespoke process of trying to use the existing config along side the new changed values ?