cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Biztalk - "Name or password is incorrect" in one machine but not another

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are currently using Biztalk 2004 to call a few SAP BAPIs using the Microsoft Biztalk Adapter 2.0 for SAP (SP1). We are using the SAP .NET connector runtime 1.0.3.

Currently I have no issues when testing on my my dev machine (Windows XP), but on our test server (Windows 2K3), I consistently get the following error when calling a BAPI through the send port:

Event Type: Warning

Event Source: BizTalk Server 2004

Event Category: BizTalk Server 2004

Event ID: 5743

Date: 27/02/2007

Time: 10:24:09 AM

User: N/A

Computer: HOA134033NB

Description:

The adapter failed to transmit message going to send port "sap://AS:10.140.0.195/00/500/". It will be retransmitted after the retry interval specified for this Send Port. Details:"Name or password is incorrect (repeat logon)".

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

This is using the same credentials I have configured on the send port on the dev machine. I am connecting to the same SAP server from my dev machine and the test machine.

I have searched the forums and tried lower case user and pass, uppercase pass, upercase user and pass, etc. But no success. The send port on my laptop is fine with lowercase user and pass.

I've also tried reinstalling the connector and adapter with no success.

I'm just wondering if anyone can shed some light on this issue? All I can think of is that maybe its the difference between the .net connector versions between my dev machine (connector for vs2003) and the test server (connector runtime). But we don't want to install vs2003 on the test machine.

I'm unfortunately not much of a SAP expert. Pls let me know if you need any more information.

Any help would be much appreciated...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am facing the same Problem as mentioned in the post.

THIS IS URGENT. It would be great help if you can tell me what all needs to be done to resolve this problem.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Bhavesh

former_member290897
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Paolo,

we need a bit more information to be able to track down the possible problem.

Which Release has your SAP System (4.6C, 6.20, 6.40, 7.00) inclusive the SP level you are using ?

Is your SAP System a Unicode or nonUnicode version ?

Wiich Version of .NET do you have installed ?

Do you have different MS .NET versions on the XP and W2K3 machine installed ?

Have you tried the new "SAP connector for Microsoft .NET" 2.0.1 available on the Service Marketplace under ?:

http://service.sap.com/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=00200797470000050068&;

Best regards,

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply. I'm waiting for a SAP expert to get back to me with the SAP Release info you are me asking for.

I have .NET 1.1 on both my dev server and the test server. My dev server also has VS2005 and .NET 2.0 installed, but all my development has been with VS2003 and .net 1.1.

I've had a look at the connector 2.0.1, is there a runtime version? Because we want to prevent installing Visual Studio on the test server (which is a replica of production)... but if there is no choice then we will...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Found out more info from the SAP experts... the SAP System is ECC6 (7.00) basis support pack 9. Its not unicode.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you ever resolve this and if so, what was the fix?

Thanks,

Sean.