cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPM application is not running

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I am new in FPM (Floor plan manager ) and i have use a tutorial for making my first FPM application .This is tutorial which i am using right now http://saptechnical.com/Tutorials/WebDynproABAP/FloorPlanManager/Page4.htm.As shown in this tutorial i have do the same as defined in this tutorial but when i am running the application configuration i am getting an error .The error is : "Access via 'NULL' object reference not possible".

Please help me .

Many thanks in advance .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

FPM application is not running

Please give glucose to it. It may help to run

Coming to the error, This error occurs when the object is not instantiated.  Please check in ST22 transaction, at which point you are getting the short dump.

Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

As u told me the two solution i have try all of these but my problem is same ..My error is which is shown is transaction ST22 is :

The exception which is assigned to class CX_SY_REF_IS_INITIAL', was not caught in procedure "PREPARE NAVIGATION ""(METHOD)",nor was it propagated by raising clause .

Thanks for your previous reply

Deepa

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepa,

I tried the steps in the link provided by you and it is working fine for me. As there is no custom code in the scenario, This error is mainly due to incorrect configuration creation. Please check your configuration.

Also, Are you executing the Web Dynpro application directly?  As mentioned in the link, Expand the application and Test the application Configuration.

If you want to run the Web Dynpro application directly. Double click on the Web dynpro application and go to Parameters tab and Enter the parameter WDCONFIGURATIONID with value your Configuration name and save. Now test your application.

Also in page 3 of the provided link, You need to click on 'Go to Component Configuration' button for both the Component usage and IDR_USAGE.

Hope this helps u.,

Revert back incase of further clarifications.

Thanks & Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Kiran ,

My problem is resolved ..Thanks for your suggestion and advise ..At last glucose idea worked f..

Thanks

Deepa

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Glad to hear. Thanks to u too, because of this I created my first FPM application

If the problem is resolved, mark the discussion as closed.

Regards,

Kiran

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you paste the snapshot of st22 here.

Getting Null object error is very common id Webdynpro. Sometimes we use code wizard and delete few things and while deleting we delete important object reference statements.Please re-generate the code using code wizard it will be corrected.If not check in debugging which node is not getting reference and see object reference is available in code or not.

Hope it will fix.

Katrice

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Katrice ,

As i have not added any node in my Context and i have prefer a tutorial for making application using FPM and i am totally new in FPM.I have give a link of this tutorial in my previous post .As per your suggestion i have seen in st22 and the error show is this:

The exception which is assigned to class CX_SY_REF_IS_INITIAL', was not caught in procedure "PREPARE NAVIGATION ""(METHOD)",nor was it propagated by raising clause .

Please help me.find the attachment .I have attached error snapshot.

Thanks in advance

Deepa