cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HU & SU

0 Kudos

Dear all

I am a new bird of LE and I have a question about HU &SU management as below:

There are two storage locations X001 and X002 at plant M001, X002 is that HU management is required.

Then I create PO A base on location X001, Create inbound delivery with Tocde VL31N and Packing and Create TO and Confirm and GR, this process is OK, Tthere is nothing about SU management;

But if I create PO B base on location X002, then create inbound delivery with Tcode MIGO and Packing and Create TO, this HU will be related to SU management.

Why the first PO A did not relate to SU management and the B did?  PO A and B are used same material; location X001 and X002 are in the same warehouse and Putaway in same storage type.

Very appriciate

Bella

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bella,

Based on the above post seems only Sloc X002 is set to be HU managed and not X001. So, i believe that could be the reason for the behaviour you experience.

Stocks at HU managed Slocs are managed by using Storage units. Could you pls try making the Sloc X001 as well HU managed. In this case, you might experience identical behaviors.

Please try and let me know if i had overlooked something.

Regards

Dhilipan

0 Kudos

hi Dhilipan

u r right.

Is this mean if we set the HU requirement indicator for a StorageLocation X002, the SU management is mandatory when we move goods under X002?

Becasue the X001 and X002 are  belong the same warehouse and GR destination storage type is same. Now X001 do not need SU management, but X002 need...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bella,

You are right..

As i already specified, in WM-> stocks at HU-managed Storage locations is generally managed by Storage units. This holds same irrespective of whether Storage unit managment is active for Storage type or not.

Please check for the same detail..

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/2d/584bc5a70f11d2b44e006094b9b9dd/content.htm

Regards

Dhilipan

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Dear Dhilipan and Vijay

thank u very much..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bella,

If the query is solved. Kindly request you to close this thread,

Regards

Dhilipan

0 Kudos

Dear Dhilipan;

how to close it and where? this is my first question in SCN.

sorry for the inconvenience u.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

open your discussion in an extra window by right mouse click at the subject line, then you can see the buttons for helpful and correct answer. Helpful answer will award 5 points to the contributor, correct answer 10 points and close the discussion. if you want to close a discussion without having a correct answer, then click the hyperlink "assumed answered"  in your original question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bella,

Please check the HU requirement for storage locations in the below customizing path,

IMG->Logistics general->Handling unit management->Basics->Materials management->Inventory management-> HU requirement for storage locations and defalut values for delivery.

Regards

Vijay

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos