cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unified Rendering Notes - ABAP WD browser support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm a little bit confused about the connection between Unified Rendering notes and what is listed in PAM. Particularly the support of ABAP WD in a variety of browsers.

I'll try to give an example. If we take these two connected notes:

Note 1806687 - Corrections for unified rendering 702/14 I (UR-mimes)

Note 1806685 - Corrections for unified rendering 702/14 I (ABAP renderer)

Are they then meant to give the same browser support as what can be found in PAM under browser support - SAP NW 7.0 EHP2 SP14 as shown i attachment below?

Or is a full support package upgrade always needed to obtain the promised browser support in PAM even if the notes above state "702/14" (which to me indicates support pack 14) and it says this in the note:

The attached correction instructions contain one part of the unified rendering version for the pending SAP_BASIS 702 Support Package 14

My experience so far is that the notes don't raise the browser support level to what I can see in PAM but would just like to get that confirmed.

Br Jan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you remember to clear your ICM caches globally after applying the UR fixes? Execute ABAP report WDG_MAINTAIN_UR_MIMES before and after applying the UR fixes to confirm that the UR has been patched.

I do however think that you are correct meaning that UR fixes do not change the browser support per se, after applying the fixes the technical compatibility however exists. You could confirm by implementing the browser agent BAdI and force the browser support and see if it works or not.

Maybe someone from SAP can confirm this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samuli,

Thank you for the very helpful answer. No I didn't clear cache so I will try to clear it and see if that helps.

Could you explain in more detail how to implement and use this browser agent badi that you mention?

Yes would be great if someone from SAP can confirm our assumptions maybe who wrote this

Br Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

See the attached link and the WDA test component WDR_TEST_USER_AGENT_INFO in order to implement the BAdI.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73ehp1/helpdata/en/0b/2fbb845ac04daa9be1b0099910f63b/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

I tried to clear ICM cache but no difference. I haven't had time to use the test component yet but will have a look and revert back.

I did however receive this (unfortunately not very conclusive) reply from SAP regarding what exactly we get out of applying unified rendering notes:

I just had a conversation on that with the colleagues from development.
To be on the safe side (that’s where you’ll get support from SAP) you have to
go along the information that is stated in the PAM. In your case this means you
have upgrade your system to SPS12.

Br Jan

Answers (0)