Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Types - Date Format of characteristics

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need to create characteristic with data type DATE format,

but I can't choose any template like in data type NUM for example:

When I enter data type DATE, the system automatically finds a template DD.MM.YYYY for entering a date. Values I enter are automatically formatted according to this template.

But I have another template which I want to use - MM.YYYY

Can I change the template for the data type DATE?!

Thanks for answers!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

the template for data type DATE is taken from the user profile (system->user profile->own data). If you change it there it will also change on the value assignment for characteristic type of DATE. This may not solve your problem but I think there is no other way to change it. Maybe you could use type NUM and define your own template?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not Active Contributor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Helle Nadejda,

unfortunately you can not define new templete characters for NUM. NUM is only using usage 1 and 4. But you can only use one template character for usage 1. If you select a templete from F4 search help, the included characters are checked in function module CTCV_CHECK_PATTERN. Although you can define the templete in the customizing, the system is checking the included characters in this function. If some of the characters are not allowed, you get the error message 'No templates were found.....'.

So I'm afraid you have to live with the standard templete (Numbers of char=6, decimal places=4, exp. display= no exponent).

You could also use an user defined data type (CT04 -> extras->more functions). Therefore you would have to create a characteristic for month and one for year. You could than use this combination as user defined type in your characteristic. But than you have to classify always two characteristics. I think that's not what you want.

Hope I could help a little bit.

Juegen