cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP MDM Archive folder is not displaying xml files while automatic import

0 Kudos

Hi All,

we have scenario of Automatic importing of data from source system through PI to MDM here the issue is data is successfully posting in Data manager but we  are unable to see files in inbound Archive folder and also i do not find any files in inbound Exceptions folder as well.

The above scenario working fine in DEV, Quality environments but not working in Production environment.

Note: MDIS is working fine, source data importing correctly through MDIS.

please help me ASAP.

thanx

raja

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you check with PI team if the destination path can be some other location ?  Just to make sure an xml file is landed at some other ftp path, from where you can upload it manually through Import Manager. I know PI will supply path name in their system (destination/target system).

Also another alternate step could be to check if any other ports (of all inbound remote systems) receive xml files.Check with basis team if there is any program which need MDM remote systems/ports to be specified.

When you say MDM Data manager is updated but files are missing. There are 2 possibilities-

1. Either xml files are landed at different MDM ftp path which is not mapped on your server/machine.

2. Or files are getting immediately purged after reaching MDM inbound ports.

Please check and let me know. Hope this information hepls!

Regards,

Ali

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member201266
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

As suggested by Ali, please check if the files are being deleted by any of the programs/batch files scheduled in back end, that could be only reason why data is not available in archive folder after being picked from ready folder.

Cheers,

Cherry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I suspect the issue is with distribution list. Either path(distribution list) is not described properly or production ftp path has not been mapped correctly to your system. Also please check if port configuration is correct under Admin table.

Can you please share the distribution list (path) from dev, quality and production.?

Regards,
Ali

0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

Thanks for response.I have shared you the path(distribution list).Please find the attachement

I checked the port it is looking fine. i do not find any exceptions  and no logs generated. data is susscessfully posting in Data manager the issue is files are not displaying in Archive folder after sucessful post.Please suggest me asap

regards

raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Attachment?

0 Kudos

pls find attach

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raja,

Do you see files under Ready folder atleast before import happens ?

If yes, then stop Import server and manually update MDM once through Import Manager with file available in Ready folder.

If no, then i think there is something wrong with path specification either in PI or MDM ports which needs  to be corrected.

0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks Ali for quick response.

I checked in .ini file path is correct. more over i checked with PI it was successfull.As this issue is in PRO.and it batch will schedule every 15min .i tried to monitor inbound ready folder but i do not find any filesreaching.but data is posting successfully in Dtata manager.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raja,

I understand data is successfully updating MDM but it would get difficult for further analysis without xml files.

Can you please check with PI team on what destination path is given at their system ?

Also check if the same matches with MDM path. There is some lapse in mapping the right path.

Please check and update us.

Regards,

Ali

0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

Thanks for your valuable suggestions.

I checked with PI team for destination path it looking good.

Thanx

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Raja,

That's Wonderful. Glad to know that its sorted out. Please close this thread if there are no other issues!

Regards,

Ali

0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

sorry to say this. Issue not resolved yet.please suggest any other way to approach to solution.

regards,

raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

If you have checked all the path configurations and did not find anything problematic, then please contact your BASIS team to check if files are being deleted from archive folder immediately or not.

If this is also not helping, then i would suggest you to delete this Port and create it once again.

You will need to do all the map and XML schema settings for the port.

Then again try to import data using this new created port and check if you can see the archive files.

Please update the thread with your findings.

Thanks and Regards,

Ankush

0 Kudos

Hi Ankush,

Thanks for reponse.I checked with BASIS team as well everything is fine from there end.As per your suggestion i checked for deleting of archive folder files for every 6 months the xml files will get Achive from the archive folder.

Still the issue remains same.The issue is with prodution more over i found that logs are also not generating in any of the log folders like (MDIS logs(auxillary server logs),Server logs)

Please suggest.

Regards,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

I think we almost tried all possibilities. Can you please let us know if there are any other ports under same remote system that are fucntioning well. Is it with 1 particular port where xml files are missing or with all ports under system?

Can you pease set-up a new port & remote system to ensure if the newer one is atleast working as expected. I would encourage you to start over the process of receiving xml files in new port with similar functionalities.

P.S: Please make a note of every step you perform in document. Just to review in case if any issues.

Regards,

Ali

shanthi_kumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Please check the configuraiton options in .ini file of the produciton environment. Check whether the location for the archive has been given appropriately also try to refresh the Archive folder at the server level and cehck its fuctionality again. Last but not the least have a check whether you are checking the appropriate archive folder meant for produciton.

Reply with your findings.

Thanks,

Shanthi