cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrate SAP PI with GIS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to integrate SAP PI ( 7.0) With GIS ( Gentran), Scenario is ECC -> PI -> GIS. I am good with ECC -> PI connectivity, Can you share the possible ways to connect GIS from PI?? Just to brief back ground, ECC is trying to Send idocs to GIS over TCP/IP connection using ALE layer, I tried to replicate the same from PI using an Idoc adapter, but the PI has encountered the errors  pointing to Port, RFC destination

Regards,

KK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was able to post idoc to GIS (Gentran) using Idoc adapter, But when the idoc reached GIS the data is truncated. Did any body come across similar issue?

Just to give a back ground on the scenario,

ECC -> Idoc -> PI -> Idoc(Gentran) ,  PI is a pass through here, PI will receive the idoc from ECC and post the idoc to GIS. No business logic is hosted on PI, I see the source and Target xml looks one and the same on the PI system. When PI post's idoc to GIS, the message gets truncated.

Regards,

Kiran.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi KK,

How come gentran support RFC Calls? as per my knowledge using IDoc receiver adapter not possible to connect gentran system.

I think you posting IDoc XML message to Gentran.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

PI posting the Idoc to GIS over TCP/IP

Regards,

Kiran.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

okay gotcha, can you compare PI IDoc xml and posted IDoc xml in gentran . What descrepency you found?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Once the idoc makes in to GIS environment, Its being converted to  idoc flat file. The data in the flat file is truncated.From the Trace on Call adapter, I see that the all the segments which PI has received are being transfered.

Regards,

Kiran.

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Not sure about the IDoc over TCP/IP, but if you need lastly IDoc Flat File at GIS end (not IDoc over ALE layer), you can always go for File communication.

smavachee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you checked the data type declaration; i.e. length & type.

It may be the reason.!

Regards,

Sunil

smavachee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Suitable approach would be sending Gentran expected XML file to a specific folder from where Gentran will process it further.

Sender IDoc adapter wont be an issue.

Regards,

Sunil

anand_shankar10
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi KK,

You might get some idea from an earlier discussion.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1925786

Thanks

Anand