BO4.0 FP3 Query connection supported Bex Features
I have searched the internet and this forum but could not find any answers to some challenges I'm having building dashboards. Platform is BO4FP3 using the query connection to Bex queries in SAP BW.
Has anyone managed to acheive the following?:
Bringing in total rows
Handling a Bex structure in the rows (e.g. fiscal period over key figures)
Sorting the record set
Pass values from the sheet to Bex range variables (e.g. 01.2012 - 12.2012)
Also is there a way of inserting data into the spreadsheet in a cross-tab method? (only have to enter one cell range for the whole dataset). At the moment I have to provide a cell range for each column in my queries and there are a lot of columns...
Many thanks in advance,
Zahid Yener replied
Bex queries may not be seen the same as in BO.
1. Bringing totals are not supported on BO side because BO is not using the same logic as Bex tools.
2. What do you mean handling Bex structure in Rows e.g. fiscal year etc? You can use Bex structures in BO without a problem.
3. Customizing sorting is not supported for Bex queries. Your data is sorted automatically in alphabetical A-Z order.
4. Passing values to Bex variables can be a problem in BO. You might get errors. SAP know this problem and planning to fix it with the next release of BO 4.1. Also check the SAP notes below:
BO 4.1 Planned Features:
1804169 - XLS 000009 error happens when refreshing Dashboards when it contains Bex query data source and it will return no data after refreshing
1789906 - Unable to manually enter or search a BICS based List of Values in Web Intelligence member selector by value
5. Cross tab is not supported in BO, but there are workarounds for that. You can check the links below
I hope these answers your questions.